Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mario Maker (Wii U - Nintendo's answer to Little Big Planet)

1. Mario Maker (Wii U - Nintendo's answer to Little Big Planet)

Geo didn't make a thread for this game with the trailer, twitch playthrough and bullet point rundown? Really falling down on your job as Nintendo's B-Ri, dude.

Anyway, somebody expressed disappointment in either the E3 thread or the Wii U one (no I'm not gonna bother finding the post in question ) that the only themes were original NES SMB and New SMB. Well, not only will this NOT be the case, but there may even be themes from other franchises. So this may turn out to also be Zelda II Maker. Also, sharing in some form is confirmed, but it won't surprise me if it's limited to your friends list or some bullshit like that.
    Another issue has been Nintendo's silence on sharing created levels, with many expressing the view that this would be integral to the software. Tezuka-san has acknowledged that sharing levels will be key, though how it will be applied is still in flux, perhaps explaining Nintendo's hesitation in sharing any detail. Tezuka-san is clear in stating that it's on the agenda, however — "Sharing with friends is really the whole point of making levels".

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Given how open they've been lately, i'd be surprised if it was only a "Share with friends" deal and it didn't have some "Best of" feature.
    Donk

3. Until someone makes a level that's just a giant penis.

4. LBP is only the question if we're playing Jeopardy and the $400 square is 'this is shit'

5. So, within the minute after release.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    LBP is only the question if we're playing Jeopardy and the $400 square is 'this is shit'
    It's a great idea for a game, unfortunately saddled with garbage platforming mechanics.

7. carefully using blocks to spell out "I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRL/BOYFRIEND, BUT ONLY UNDER 12, HERE IS MY PHONE NUMBER: XXX XXX XXXX"
    Donk

8. you are a super player

9. Nintendo PR:
    The public got its first look at Mario Maker for Wii U during the E3 video game trade show in June, and new details about the game, which lets users create their own Mario levels, were announced at The Game Awards. This includes the ability to tap the Wii U GamePad screen to change the look of the level design to a number of classic styles, including Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. U. Each style includes game mechanics unique to the original game, such as ground-pound or wall-jump maneuvers. Players can integrate these mechanics into designs for the various titles featured in the game. This game will launch in 2015, which will be the 30th anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros. game.
    The inclusion of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World styles is fantastic, I'm looking forward to making some levels.

10. this will be the greatest game ever