Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Decor Thread

1. I have a pair of really nice Ikea shelves that we splurged on getting the glass for and everything, they are decent. I need about 5 more shelves though, i have too much stuff.
    I love metal shelving like the ones you posted IP. Those are gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I have two of the ikea cube shelf things that hold records nicely.

3. I have 2 or 3 sets of metal shelves in my storage room. They're cheap and nasty but they hold so much shit. I wouldn't want them in my living room though.

I'm actually on the lookout for a nice gaming chair. I was looking at lovesacs (lol), but they're super expensive for a bean bag.

4. I want to buy a book shelf, but I have yet to find one I like (especially from stores). What I like to do is go to yard sales on the weekend and hunt for older furniture that older folks are selling for dirt cheap. We recently bought 2 side tables, I sanded them down and repainted them. Looks pretty good as nightstands.

I am sure I will find a vintage bookshelf sooner or later. It is no rush and should cost no more than $10-20 (before paint/labor).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidetables.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	74452  

Yard sales are pretty awesome.

6. Yard sales is like a box of chocolate...

They are always baby clothes around here.

8. I will tell you, finding a suitable coffee table was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I am a master shopper (both of retail and thrift nature) and the right coffee table eluded me for nearly a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I know where the right one is. In my grandmother's basement. Wood frame. Polished but raw slate top. Classy. Hard to damage.

Not really good for doing lines though.