Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2014)

I neglected to mention how welcome the Gamepad support is for VC titles. I took Earthbound downstairs to sit on the couch below my office and had no connection issues.

2. Been making a run on Mega Man 7 (the MM Collection PS2 port) -- I think this is the first time the game has actually clicked for me, I've never liked it before. The enemy designs are really cool (the robo-roaches particularly!), and there are a lot of fun little details all over the place. It's still pretty easy and kind of slow, but I'm not knee-jerk opposed to it this playthrough. I think I might like it better than MM8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Wily's final form is going to be great.

MM7 and 8 are kind of looked down upon by MM fans. I like all the games a lot, so I don't get it.

4. I dunno, I think 7 really suffered for the proximity to the X series. Outside of that context it's perfectly fine, though.

Yeah, the X games are all better than 7, but that doesn't make 7 a bad game.

6. X1 and X2, I'm not sure about X3-onward. 7 does some cool things, where X just relies on you wanting to play as Zero after a certain point.

7. After taking a break from it, I've gotten back into FF3(SNES). Just took out Phunbaba, and met Gerad on the way to Figaro. Going for all of the characters, all of the dragons, etc.

Been playing Killer Instinct almost nightly. Rule of thumb is to play ranked mode until I lose and then stop for the night. Sometimes I adhere to my rule, sometimes I don't, and it's horrible.

8. I've been playing a lot of Hot Shots Golf World Invitational on the Vita.

The beginning courses are easy and you can do well on them, but when you get to bronze and silver the game just fucks you up and you have to get better fast. It's pretty damn complicated and you really have to pay attention. There's a huge correlation between time spent and ability, not just because of the practice, but also because you need to grind loyalty for characters, and also money to purchase the better characters and different ball/club types.

So basically, the more you play, the better you get. It's just a question of how much time you want to put into it. I really like it, but I almost wish it was more shallow and didn't require so much investment.

I haven't put the game on easy mode yet (all it does it make the AI post up worse scores, so it's easier to win) but I'm really thinking about it.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. I've been playing NES Remix. It's Cheetos. Every trial dissolves in your mouth just before you feel like you've tasted it, so you eat another trial, then another, and before you know it you're almost done with an entire bag of a game you're not even sure you like.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    X1 and X2, I'm not sure about X3-onward. 7 does some cool things, where X just relies on you wanting to play as Zero after a certain point.
    MM7 is awesome except that Wily boss. X does a lot of cool things with the stage design.

MM8 has super long gimmick levels. I can not get into that game...
    Donk