Page 1 of 32 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2014)

What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2014)

The season of zero releases is upon us, so it's time to try in vain to catch up.

Inazuma Eleven (3DS) - I'm on Chapter Four and maybe five hours in. I really like the soccer-based battles, but I really wish they weren't controlled with the stylus.

Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS) - I got a few more mostly silver trophies but still haven't gotten a gold. On the upside, I beat my brother head-to-head while visiting my parents last week.

Now that I'm back home I need to get on learning The Show and starting something substantial.

2. Team Fortress 2 for some strange reason. Having a lot of fun with the new weapons. Love the B.A.S.E. jumper parachute for my Soldier. The mobility makes him a lot more fun to use.

Fire Emblem: Awakening- Almost done with it. I've been slowly playing this for about a year. Need to be done with it.

Far Cry 3- Story(?) is beyond awful but I'm at the end of it as well and I'm enjoying the actual game. I don't feel the same drive to collect everything and overthrow all the bases like I did in Blood Dragon.

3. Mario Kart 8 - Just got 3 stars in all 100cc tracks and having a blast playing this, especially online.

Mario Golf World Tour - I have all star coins for non-DLC courses and working on moon coins. I like the added challenge and how the score attack has stronger wind for the holes. I like how the challenge matches against star characters are harder too. Even Peach was less of a pushover than expected. I have also been playing the tournaments, though I have been getting mostly bronze trophies.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    Mario Kart 8 - Just got 3 stars in all 100cc tracks and having a blast playing this, especially online.
    It's a blast until you start playing 150cc against the computer. Then you are the one constantly getting blasted with weapon spam.

150cc is basically stay in first place for 2.75 laps, then get hammered by everything at the last second and come in 8th.

6. Yeah, I said no thanks to that

7. yeah, that's why I have yet to three star any of the 150cc tracks. I got close with Wario on a bike and slick tires, though.

8. The Walking Dead - started playing this to get the cards and some easy cheevos and got done with the first 2 episodes. It's obviously not much of a game. The story is good but cliche and the characters are alright. The graphics are kind of awful but kind of good. Overall, it works.

Needless to say it is way way better than the TV show. Obviously. Goes without saying.

9. Some people are still using the spring thread. Friendly bump for your dumb asses.

Beyond: Two Souls - I went into this knowing it would be light on gameplay but I still find its interactivity disappointing. At least Indigo Prophecy had QTEs that required reaction time and Heavy Rain had some parts where you weren't shown exactly where to look. This one doesn't feel like you're doing much besides watching. Even parts where it might be nice to soak in the scenery and look around have restricted camera angles. The pacing is also super slow. I wish you could run at all times. I'm curious enough about the story to probably play through it once, though.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Shallow but man does it look good for a portable game. It's too bad we won't be seeing more Vita games with this kind of budget.

Street Fighter 2010 - I tried the Game Genie code for increased character speed and it's awesome. I don't think I can go back to playing it the default way.