Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2014)

1. Yeah 8 is pretty rough.

I've got to clear Spring Man (bastard!) then it's off to the Wily levels.

Auto-save on the PS2 version is nice, but I forgot about the G&G easter egg on Shade Man's level and cleared it without trying it. So sometimes passwords are better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    I've been playing a lot of Hot Shots Golf World Invitational on the Vita.

The beginning courses are easy and you can do well on them, but when you get to bronze and silver the game just fucks you up and you have to get better fast. It's pretty damn complicated and you really have to pay attention. There's a huge correlation between time spent and ability, not just because of the practice, but also because you need to grind loyalty for characters, and also money to purchase the better characters and different ball/club types.

So basically, the more you play, the better you get. It's just a question of how much time you want to put into it. I really like it, but I almost wish it was more shallow and didn't require so much investment.

I haven't put the game on easy mode yet (all it does it make the AI post up worse scores, so it's easier to win) but I'm really thinking about it.
    Yeah, pretty much sums up my feelings. Needlessly complicated upgrades/store system and some of the shots that you can't make (like uphill in a bunker) can be made on a real golf course but not in Hot Shots?

I'm up to the gold courses and it's challenging for sure.

3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Yeah, pretty much sums up my feelings. Needlessly complicated upgrades/store system and some of the shots that you can't make (like uphill in a bunker) can be made on a real golf course but not in Hot Shots?

I'm up to the gold courses and it's challenging for sure.
    Nice, that's where I am also. I actually managed to win the real golf challenge, 6-4. Was surprisingly interesting. The other golds are terrible though with the special rules.

I've only gotten 2 crowns randomly, and you're expected to do that on each course? Ugh. I just read online that distance gear is usually the way to go, I've just been using the default stuff so hopefully that will help. Like you said, it was confusing so I just ignored it before now.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

so Katamari Forever is super legit. Why do people hate on it so much?

5. DLC. (edit: actually I may be thinking of Beautiful Katamari)

I've wanted to pick it up since I got a PS3, keep waiting to see a local copy hit $15.

Invalidated: The solution to not liking DLC is to not buy it.

7. Truth. I'm-a check out the demo on that soon.

Literally half of Beautifil Katamari is behind a DLC paywall. It was really bad and shocking.

Katamari Forever is fine, I thought. Don't remember hate, maybe just a burnout on the series by that point.

9. I think the main complaint about Katamari Forever was that it's sort of a rehash. Most of the levels in the game are from the older games.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

10. I ran into Doom Gaze at level 25 last night. Didn't know what version of FF3 I had so I tried Vanish/Doom and it worked. Fucking chump.