Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Platinum Games PC/PS3/4/360/ONE

1. Avatar: The Legend of Korra Platinum Games PC/PS3/4/360/ONE

This certainly surprised me.

How many teams does Platinum have? Surely they can't handle Bayonetta 2, Bronster Hunter, and this at the same time. One of the latter two must be pretty far off.

3. This launches in the fall, which REALLY makes me wonder.

IGN has screens.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...coming-in-2014
    Last edited by Chux; 25 Jun 2014 at 01:42 PM.

Oh, good. So that means Bronster Hunter is probably just that awful trailer at this point.

edit: Wait a minute. How the fuck does Nickelodeon/Activision give TMNT to Red Fly and this shit to Platinum. Now I'm really pissed.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 25 Jun 2014 at 01:56 PM.

5. Downloadable only and fairly close release date. I can't imagine this will be a long game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    How many teams does Platinum have? Surely they can't handle Bayonetta 2, Bronster Hunter, and this at the same time. One of the latter two must be pretty far off.
    Bayo 2 is wrapping up. I imagine most of the staff was pulled off a while ago.

7. This is probably roughly the Anarchy Reigns team.

I don't know shit about this show, but whatever. I'll try anything these guys put out, pretty much.

8. This combination of license + dev is like George's wet dream. I'm surprised he didn't post this first!

9. Anarchy is $10.99 on Amazon. Has the window for online play closed. Was there ever a window?

10. Unfortunately it's pretty dead, and I don't think the community was ever all that big.

The matchmaking is a hassle. There are a million gametypes, splitting the playerbase up, and you need to have a fairly full room in the bigger modes. The game has bots, but they only work in private matches or offline. The game didn't handle bad connections very well, either.

Really wish it had split-screen or even LAN play and was a bit more flexible with matchmaking. Would kill for a revision on more powerful hardware. There's a lot of squandered potential with the online play, but I'd still say it's worth checking out for the hard mode campaign and bot matches alone.
    Last edited by Tain; 25 Jun 2014 at 06:45 PM.