Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Platinum Games PC/PS3/4/360/ONE

1. Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Monster Hunter for the Bro demo. Thus Bronster Hunter.
    You people are ridiculous.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I'm enjoying how awkwardly forced it is, since it looks and sounds more like Charles Bronson instead of the nonsensical attempt at inserting bro in there that it's supposed to be.
    Indeed.

3. Charles Bronson: Monster Hunter

I don't trust the PS blog because they tend to be more like fluff PR instead of actual responses. The lack of knowledge of Platinum games while pretending they have some just reinforces that.

I can't say I'm interested in this license in the slightest, but I'm interested to see how they handle it. Provided this isn't just a WayForward style Gotta Pay The Bills Somehow licensed game I'll probably pick it up.

4. Looks slow but decent. Except for that Temple Run segment, which is all kinds of wat r u doin

5. Looks good to me. Kind of like you said, those running things are never fun to play, and the whole "press the thing to do the thing" doesn't help.

i'm like halfway through the 2nd season of Korra and it's good to excellent except when it turns into Nick Teen Drama and then it's so bad
    Donk

6. So, reviews are all over the place. I've only seen Rocca and Tain have bought it. Any impressions?

7. Just got home, purchased immediately to support Platinum PC releases. Not expecting much from it but at least I'll only be out $15 if it's on the low end of their scale alongside Mad World.

8. Played the first three levels. It's okay, I guess. Everything so far is as easy and slow as I would expect from a kids game, and the hard mode stuff all has to be unlocked so I don't know if it actually gets better. The only glaring outright problem I've encountered so far is that enemy bounding boxes seem to function like every other surface, so doing combos that launch Korra into the air tend to land her on top of enemies instead of next to them. Makes it awkward to properly beat them sometimes when we're making a human tower that can't attack each other.

I saw some review whine about inconsistent reversals, which doesn't seem to be the case at all. They also complained about the story but I don't care about that regardless. I'm hoping extreme is actually decent but I'm not holding my breath. Either way, it's supposedly a very short game so it shouldn't take long to unlock it and find out.

9. This is exactly what you'd expect from a Platinum licensed kids game. Worth the money, even if I count some of it as charity for a great developer.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4/10 from Eurogamer

There is some value in The Legend of Korra, both as a game and as a tribute to the cartoon on which it's based, but it falls far short of its potential on both counts. Perhaps the third-person combat theatrics for which the studio is known are not replicable on a small budget. You can't blame the IP, which offers a rich vein of material. Regardless, this is the first major blemish on the studio's reputation; a misfire that means Platinum's name no longer guarantees quality.
    I'm still pissed they gave this garbage to Platinum and not Turtles.