Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Tekken 7

1. Tag 2 is really good.

2. Tag 2 is legit, and can be had for like $10 IIRC.

3. There was no better value in fighting games (and honestly, probably in ALL genres) last generation than Tekken Tag Tournament 2. 54 characters, almost 30 stages, and almost limitless customization options (as opposed to the stance most modern fighting games take where you have to pay a dollar or two for each additional costume). SUBSTANTIAL free DLC. Tekken Tunes to customize your experience. Fight Lab to help people learn. Rendered CG endings for EACH character. The World Tekken Federation. And for the super fans, there was cheap paid DLC that let you access all the previous games ending movies and BGM.

I’m not expecting a fraction of this to appear in Tekken 7, but I’m very excited nonetheless.

4. I will buy Tekken Tag Tournament 3, Tekken X Street Fighter, and Neo Tekken when they are released.

But seriously, I'm into the idea of all of our fighting games being more like "platforms" this generation. In the same way that there will never be a League of Legends 2, we might not really need another Tekken for a few years as long as it is constantly improved and iterated upon and expanded.

The way KI is doing things is really interesting, and I actually really liked how SFIV was supported in the last hardware cycle. I am not as much a fan of the almost full price releases that were really expansion packs and I HATE seeing them charge upwards of two dollars each just so my Streetfighters can have extra costumes. It's very cool that Josh can still play vanilla SFIV against people with AE 2012 though (does this still work with Ultra).

Even if all they did was re-release TTT2 on Xbox One and PS4 with no graphical improvements I'd be very excited because of all the community-based improvements on the new hardware (Twitch streaming, Upload studio, Snap, friends lists of over 100, etc).

5. I'm actually really surprised that there isn't a version of Tekken Revolution on PS4.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Tag 2 is legit, and can be had for like $10 IIRC.
    I'd like to get the Wii U version at that price, checked today and unfortunately didn't see a copy left at TRU - I should have checked much earlier, when the clearance games weren't as picked clean. Couldn't find a copy at Best Buy or Target either to price match the TRU site. Amazon may have had it for that price or close to before, I'll keep an eye for it there.

7. GS has it used for like $9 last I checked.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    It's very cool that Josh can still play vanilla SFIV against people with AE 2012 though (does this still work with Ultra).
    That's vanilla Super SFIV. Plain old vanilla SFIV doesn't work with the other games.
    As far as I know, Ultra SFIV doesn't have an option for playing against previous versions. You need to remove the upgrade to do that. I've read that you can just move it to a USB drive and unplug it, but that's kind of a hassle.

9. I'm fairly surprised namco greenlit this but will have to see the business model. There is a particularly stupid VP over there who loves to F2P everything while destroying franchises.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)