Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Tekken 7

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    What is Tekken vs SF?
    Tekken vs San Francisco (Rush)

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't know if SF4 alienated the playerbase either. The game came out a looong time ago and is still the main event at every 2D fighting game tournament. Yes some people like it less than the old games, maybe a lot of people. You can't make everyone happy though. I think SF4 was a very successful release.
    Pretty much everyone that was into SF2/3 back in the day dislike sf4, although many tolerate it since it is still a pretty good fighting game. It did bring on an entirely new audience though, and sold a lot more than a "great" proper SF3 sequel would ever have.

3. I sense rampant fronting in that statement. SF3 was not popular upon release. There really weren't many "sf2/3 fans" back in the day. There was also never going to be a "proper SF3 sequel", and the game was a huge bomb. Just because people rediscovered it long after it was dead doesn't mean much in this context. By all accounts SF4 did much better as a sequel than SF3 did, even if it's not as good of a game (something I would agree with).

Commercial success vs critical acclaim.

5. My point is that if SF4 alienated the playerbase, so did SF3, yet unlike SF3, a lot of people bought and played SF4 while it was still contemporary.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You know what I would like? Tekken 1 remade with current graphics and game engine. Keep the small roster, tweak Tekken 6 gameplay, optimize it for online play. That would be awesome.
    That would fix everything but the character designs and the gameplay, so you're getting close!

Yes, and what do we want Namco to do with the next Tekken? Make more of the same, Korly and I will buy it, it will sell the same decent but not great numbers as 6 and 7 as its being bought by the same Tekken fans. Or do the radically change it up like that dude suggested, possibly reaching a larger audience but then disappointing the Tekken faithful? What do we really want here?

Namco to make a proper Ridge Racer, get bought out by Sega, or both.

edit: Add a PS4 Dark Escape port to the list.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 16 Jul 2014 at 12:59 PM.

9. Ew, Ridge Racer.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Yes, and what do we want Namco to do with the next Tekken? Make more of the same, Korly and I will buy it, it will sell the same decent but not great numbers as 6 and 7 as its being bought by the same Tekken fans. Or do the radically change it up like that dude suggested, possibly reaching a larger audience but then disappointing the Tekken faithful? What do we really want here?
    Tekken 7 probably won't have bound, but it will have something else. It will have juggles because Tekken has always had juggles. I don't see why it is a problem, I have never heard anyone say they won't play Tekken because of juggles.

If the top Tekken player came out and said that SF5 shouldn't have fireballs, would anyone listen to that guy? Why should they?

"Street Fighter sucks! It should be more like Tekken!"

"Tekken sucks, it should be more like Street Fighter!"

Yeah, pretty much.