Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Wii U)

PS - this game looks too kowaii to play alone

PPS - I can't last long with Neptunia if you know what I mean
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. NA release: October 22nd
    EU release: October 30th

This is coming soon, little over a week away from being able to play the first two chapters for free.

3. That is Spoopy
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I played through the trial version. It was okay but it's mostly just tutorial stuff. I didn't enjoy the combat. It has never been the strength of series but I find it more tedious to look at and rotate the gamepad. It's not very scary or intense either. Maybe the full game is but I'm not spending more than $20 to find out. And that's if I have the hard drive space which seems unlikely.

This got the rare Avoid from Eurogamer.

6. Eh, it's gotten reviews all across the board. Interesting that the reviewer liked the older ones and not this one. A lot of the complaints (including some in the linked review) seem to be that it plays and acts like Fatal Frame.
    Donk

7. I'm a little bit into it; the calls of it being too linear are over exaggerated, yes you can just follow the ghostly apparition the whole time but that's not how you're supposed to play it, it's the equivalent of a goal arrow that only appears when you press a button and fits in with the games setting. The gyroscope controls do flip out pretty regularly though.

8. I've figured out what causes the gyroscopic controls to flip out, the tutorial and the manual tells you to hold the gamepad out infront of you like a wanker acting like you have the camera obscura, then to press "X"; I was doing just pressing "X" and that causes it to flip out.

With that out of the way, I really like this game, it does feel very PS2ey.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.