Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of Japanese Arcades in the Burbs Summer 2014

1. Japan The State of Japanese Arcades in the Burbs Summer 2014

I go out to the suburbs to visit Ikea and Costco every so often which are both close to a very American like mall which houses a large Round 1 complex. Took a few pics of what they had including some Konami arcade titles which you rarely see in Tokyo proper. Interesting to note that there were no fighting games, only the latest Capcom Gundam, Maxi Boost, which has been a flop due to simplifying the game for noobs. The only gun games are the latest namco published titles: Dead Pirates Special Edition, Dark Escape and the AKB48 themed Zombie one. Also, surprised to see they had Raw Thrills' Super Alpine Racer but namco must be doing the distribution.

Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

Thanks for posting these, Shou. Next time I'm at the arcade here, I'll return the favor. The style of games for the most part is very similar.

3. Very cool. More threads like this please.

4. They have Costcos in Japan?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Thanks for posting these, Shou. Next time I'm at the arcade here, I'll return the favor. The style of games for the most part is very similar.
    I should note what you see in Tokyo is can be very different since there isn't a lot of space for the deluxe machines.
    Become History

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    They have Costcos in Japan?
    Yes (memberships are global as we use my wife's family card) and Walmart in a sense since they bought a local chain but still use the original name.
    Become History

7. I miss the thrill of new arcade machines.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. I miss the arcade scene of 1983-86, or thereabouts. Not the games themselves, because MAME, but the pre-internet, "who knows what you'll find when you walk into a new arcade" scene.

James

9. I miss the stupidly ridiculous rumors.

Yah man, Guile can pull out a shotgun
    Become History

10. What's an arcade?