Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Free Software

1. Arcade Good Free Software

I recently built a PC and wanted to use some freeware rather than pay for certain things, like office. Apache's OpenOffice seems to work good enough not to shell out another $100 for MS. I also plan on putting Umbutu on my older laptop. What other free or open software is out there you would recommend?

OS - Umbutu

Office - Apache OpenOffice
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. libreoffice is better than openoffice (they're basically the same thing but libre afaik has shorter release schedules and doesn't have oracle stink on it)

3. lol umbutu. There's tons of free software for pretty much anything. I think it'd be easier if you said what you're trying to do. I've yet to find something I need to do in Ubuntu that doesn't have an app or a web-based option.

4. I want a free way of watching Bluray movies through a BR drive. Anyone have any software?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I want a free way of watching Bluray movies through a BR drive. Anyone have any software?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2038933

6. I'm on Windows 7.

Download copies of your legally owned Blurays and play them off of your hard drive.

8. That isn't a solution, Josh.

Why? It'll allow you to watch the movies you want without paying for software you don't want to pay for.

10. It actually is the only way to do it for free.