Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Planet

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    this game looks like a lot of fun, plenty worth $15. i am going to buy it... soon...
    It's neat!

The soundtrack is right out of the Sega CD/Turbo CD era:

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    this game looks like a lot of fun, plenty worth $15. i am going to buy it... soon...

what i don't understand is how they could have voice acting when we know it costs at least $100,000
    If you go to the developer's about page on their site, it's like all voice actors and one coder and one artist.

The voice acting is surprisingly unterrible for such a low budget game, which is good because there's an awful lot of it.

3. From the preview video, the voice acting is better than voice acting in video games with an actual budget
    Donk

4. I like that it's optional, so you can have voice, text, or no dialogue at all.
    It's like getting arcade, cartridge, and CD versions all in one!

Wii U version coming

If I were a console-only fan of indie games, it would drive me nuts how spread out the console exclusive versions seem to be. Then again, I'd already be nuts if I were a console-only fan of indie games.

6. Frankly I'm surprised there's a port at all. I think this is based on Clickteam so they'd have to code any new versions from scratch.

7. i played the demo of this on Wii U and i love how it looks like a Saturn game that wasn't released. more games that look like Saturn games please.

also i like how the loading screen looked like Gashi-Gashi artwork and it was actually gashi, that is pretty cool
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I can voice all your characters like the spaz Serena from Sailor Moon for free.
    I will paypal you a dollar if you can legitimately do this and nail it.

9. this is mzo's voice 100%
    Donk

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Frankly I'm surprised there's a port at all. I think this is based on Clickteam so they'd have to code any new versions from scratch.
    Apparently, it was ported to the Chowdren runtime and the latest PC version (called the turbocharged version under steam news) was recompiled using this runtime.