Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 485860616263646676 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Cover a Classic Game

Yeah, that's a bit confusing. This is George from a local Florida place, CD Trader. He's basically our dealer.

2. Ooohhhhhh. Well, wtf. I'm going to start a podcast with a well reasoned friend and call him ironplant so I can laugh at y'all's confusion.

"This iromplant sure does make a lot of fair balanced comentary..."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    So how come this is the first time I'm hearing of Geo's store?
    Geo has a store?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Keep reading the thread.

I liked the story about Finch's childhood and the impact his neighbor had on how he viewed the game. That was a nice nugget from the pre-internet days of gaming. Of how the kids in your neighborhood could shape how you viewed gaming or consoles.

Like, similiarly, jrpgs and sonics were my thing in middle school. But surprisingly I wrote the snes off because the kids that I knew at school that had one all just bought sports games. Which in reality is kind of the opposite experience a lot of other kids in other schools had, where the gen was this sports game monster and the snes was home of some of the best jrpgs.

Kids now can google anything. Though I'm sure they are still assholes and they argue with each other on the playground saying whatever game is the best because it got whatever internet review score.

7. Nothing better illustrates just how completely ass backwards the South is than people were buying sports games for the SNES.

8. Aside from Geen's gross statement that SA2 is worse than Sonic '06, it was a great episode!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

I didn't realize people hated Sonic 2's bonus stages until this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Nothing better illustrates just how completely ass backwards the South is than people were buying sports games for the SNES.
    to be fair, most of the kids I knew at school only purchased sports games, regardless of what system they had.

But more kids owned sneses because the deep south is scared of change and they had a nes prior. So I blame their parents.

Oh, and I also blame walmart. Walmart didn't start to have sega games and bundles in all walmarts in MS until the sonic 2 bundle. So like, 92?

There was about a 3 year window that Toy'srus and Sears were about the only place to get gen games around here. Visiting my aunt and grandmother were big deals because that meant going to a bigger city like Tupelo or Jackson, and they had Sears and Toysrus. All my early gen games were purchased on those trips. Castle of illusion was at Sears in Jackson and Sonic 1 was Toysrus in Jackson. Moonwalker, Lastbattle, and Thunderforce 2 were all from a sears surplus store in Memphis.

Nintendo stuff, you could buy that anywhere as far back as I can remember.