Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Cover a Classic Game

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Hey Corey, what the hell does changkey (chanki?) mean in Japanese. Why is that the name of the fire guys?
    Yeah, chanki is the correct way to write it. It means absolutely nothing though and I can't even figure out what they were going for with it. Maybe the chan part is referring to child (the chan is usually at the end of names but it makes some sense since it's a tiny fire) but the ki part makes no sense at all.

So yeah, I'm going to go with random nonsense word.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    I don't even know what that quote is from. I guess I'm not cool enough for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, chanki is the correct way to write it. It means absolutely nothing though and I can't even figure out what they were going for with it. Maybe the chan part is referring to child (the chan is usually at the end of names but it makes some sense since it's a tiny fire) but the ki part makes no sense at all.

So yeah, I'm going to go with random nonsense word.
    OK, good to know. Weird.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name
    stay a while, stay forever - impossible mission
    This would be an awesome sound clip to put in. 8-bit computer gaming would give the podcast instant hardcore gaming credibility. That seems to be what this one is going for with the TG16/SMS inclusions. Sleeve can teach the other guys if they're not familiar enough.

4. Another visitor... Stay awhile; stay forever.

The falling death sound from that game is great as well. Both have been engrained in my mind for almost 30 years. Oh god...
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Best death cry in gaming:

R.I.P. Headphone Users

Quote Originally Posted by sedition
    The falling death sound from that game is great as well.
    This should have become the Wilhelm scream of video games.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Be Attitude For Games.
    Chux wins.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. I didn't know what it was from either John.

So it sucks.

Using a phrase from a Treasure game isn't really a good way to differentiate yourself from all the poser Johnny-come-latelies, no matter how clever the play on words is.

10. His content will do all the differentiating he'll need.
    (though I really like this story is happy end)