Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505262 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Cover a Classic Game

1. So when can we do a Klonoa cast?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I would like to hear the love of that game explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I adore them all and will shout my love to the heavens.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Once upon a time, people knew how to make 2D platformers. They knew how to position the camera so that you could always see what's ahead. They knew how to design enemies that were enjoyable to fight. They knew how to make the controls and physics match the game.

Then, in 1995, a cataclysm happened and somehow all this knowledge was forgotten. Polygons saturated the world and caused brain damage to everyone who encountered them. Everyone forgot how to make enjoyable 2D platformers, and the few that came out felt like 3D platformers on a single plane, with all the camera problems and loose controls inherent to that subgenre.

The designers of Klonoa managed to retain some of their memory of what made 2D platforming good. Prolonged polygon exposure still hampered their cognitive abilities, though, so it wasn't great in the grand scheme of things, but it was still better than any of the other post-cataclysm platformers.

just finished the last podcast. Very good. I thought y'all would never get to neir.

A Fallout episode would be great. Consider playing Metal Saga or Metal Max before doing it. Its pretty much a Japanese fallout series. Or do a metal max episode. Or a Nes/snes non fantasy jrpg episode.

Oh, maybe an episode on jrpgs before ff7 hit. About how before they hit big, and before the internet, they were these very special private experiences. Like you might be one of 3 or 4 kids at school that even knew about them.

6. Have I ever expressed how well you guys, your dulcet tones and your dank memes make shitty work days pass on by?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    ...and say absolutely nothing of value.
    I'm okay with that.

I'm glad someone is getting something out of our bs, Chao ^___^

9. Ha - Thanks Chao!
    We, for the most part, have our topics set for the remainder of the year. Most of it is Japanese and only a few are RPGs. I'll have to throw that list on the website soon.

10. Great. I need to at Nier before you guys spoil all of it!