Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 354547484950515363 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Cover a Classic Game

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Or a Nes/snes non fantasy jrpg episode.

Oh, maybe an episode on jrpgs before ff7 hit.
    On a random note, I've decided to change the pins on my NES and force myself through FF1. I've never really played it. How much am I going to hate it?

2. You have roughly a week and a half or so! I'm only about 4 hours in. My days off this week are going to be nearly all Nier!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    On a random note, I've decided to change the pins on my NES and force myself through FF1. I've never really played it. How much am I going to hate it?
    I tried playing the PSP remake a few months ago and was really enjoying it, but they changed quite a bit from the original. The magic system of the original was driving me a bit nuts when I tried it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    That depends on if you still like 8-bit RPGs in general. They can be a bitch with all the level grinding. And Phantasy Star 1 should take precedence over FF1 if you haven't played it already.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    That depends on if you still like 8-bit RPGs in general. They can be a bitch with all the level grinding. And Phantasy Star 1 should take precedence over FF1 if you haven't played it already.
    I... don't know if have that. I'll put it on my list.

Anyway, there was a period in my life where I'd occasionally decide I wanted to play a JRPG, and then about 10 hours in I'd be all like, "What am I doing?!" and put the game away. The only JRPG I've ever finished was Mystic Quest, because I was a total rookie. I'm not ashamed to admit this.

I'm going to finish at least one real JRPG in my life. Even if it kills me.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 30 Jun 2015 at 07:37 PM.

6. And here I learn another TNLer has a secret talent: Animegirl makes music!

Amazing!

Edit: And she swears as much as I do. This is kinda hilarious (and rare).

Guys, I heart this podcast.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 30 Jun 2015 at 03:22 PM.

7. Not a facebook friend?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Not a facebook friend?
    I'm actually not on Facebook.

Yeah, I'd try to beat it before listening to the pod cast. I don't know how they will be able to talk about the game without key plot points.