Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Cover a Classic Game

1. Chao, you do it to yourself.

I've finished Final Fantasy 6 three times and all three times I didn't get the water dance for Mog, knowing full well that I need to dance on the water raft.

You know why?

Cause I don't give a fuuuuuuck.

/thuglife
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    actually, is there any "needs a guide" missable bullshit in here or am I clear to just play this like a video game?
    It doesn't need one, but the quests you'll get in the 1st part aren't available after a certain point and some of them are a pain in the ass. Some achievements are locked away too, if you care about that.
    Donk

3. Tried to listen to the E3 episode the other day but whoever you hired to play the jive talking foul mouthed sailor did such a good job that I had to turn it off. Listening to it now in the privacy of my car.

Depends. Are you going to take your time with it? Do you care about achievements?

Kill 100 sheep achievement is missable. There's an event before the last third of the game that changes stuff and makes it so that a lot of early quests and unable to be completed (but you only need like half for the achievement. Yes, I did them all.)

From what I can remember, that's it. You can do everything else in NG+, which starts after that event anyway.

I guess there's the under 15 hour achievement but that requires a full playthrough from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Tried to listen to the E3 episode the other day but whoever you hired to play the jive talking foul mouthed sailor did such a good job that I had to turn it off. Listening to it now in the privacy of my car.
    Sorry, Michelle only works blue.

5. Mystic Quest is great goddammit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. I dare you to actually play it in 2015.

7. I fucking will, time to go dig out my PSP
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

You guys either need to play more computer games or find people who have that knowledge. I raged when you started talking about Rare Replay. No, Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy are not on the compilation. No, they are not by Rare. Let me put it this way: what you said is the equivalent of somebody saying that Castlevania is by Nintendo. Hey, it's one of the most popular game series on the NES, it must be by the most popular developer/publisher on the system, right?

9. But Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner are British and Rare is the only British company...

They also made Elite, FYI.
    Donk

10. i actually don't remember what the context was, only vaguely remember shouting out names because Mzo said Zed Ex Spectrum. Either i wasn't serious or i was tired and just going along. I know Jet Set Willy isn't Rare...
    Donk