Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Way to Cover a Classic Game

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The best one of any of these things is Did You Know Gaming. They let the visuals from the game with the odd still or commercial clip tell the story (nobody wants to see the goddamn host), the editing is good, the narration is even (no goddamn screaming), and they stick to good, informative bullet points.
    Yup. Good recco. Did You Know Gaming features tidbits I hadn't already heard a billion times.

2. Lots of good research, too! The one covering the PS1 has a lot of cool SNES CD stuff in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Also: this is pretty rad and might be a thing worth emulating.
    Wow, that was dope.

Another great game video style to go after is Sequelitis with no Egoraptor screaching. I guess he at least lives up to his Internet knob handle?

Ooh, Melf would give us instant star power and online rep!

5. I think the podcast with how to videos as supplement is the best approach. Talk about a game or series in a podcast, then focus on specific points we discuss as the difficult parts or the crazy glitch parts on the how to videos.

Things like discussing Mega Man 1 and how most people say it's way too hard with a good example being the rock monster boss. But it's not really hard, it just takes memorization and practice to get the timing down and you could then have a video of a no hit fight showing the tricks to the jumps along with a video showing the electric cheese way of beating it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. I like what AstroBlue recommended. How much time are you expecting to spend on this and releasing how often? Once a week, every two weeks?

7. The ideas set forth in the OP are all good ones. I eagerly await the finished product.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I love REZ. It's like playing the Contra games; you have to learn the enemy patterns and then it becomes more of a zen like experience. You just have to play the game a lot to learn the patterns of the enemies. You have to max out the lock-on to get the most points and know when the level ups are about to enter the screen.
    I own it. Understand it. Hate it.

Here's N20. It's much better:

9. I used to carry an N2O disc in my car for the redbook Crystal Method.

10. N2O is Centipede. Rez is Space Harrier.

The bad part about Rez is that all the difficulty level have to be unlocked, so it takes playing the game like eight times to get to the equivalent of normal. The rest of the game is awesome.