Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra-Rare orange Halo Edition Xbox found at a swap meet.

1. Ultra-Rare orange Halo Edition Xbox found at a swap meet.

http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/sh...ole-discovered

Quote Originally Posted by DTJAAAAMJSLM
    Haven't posted here in a while, but a friend of mine requested that I share his find here. He recently acquired this orange original Xbox at a swap meet of some sort and requested that I photograph it. He originally thought it was just a modded system with a custom shell, but turns out the thing actually has the official Microsoft and Halo markings on it.

He has been asking around on places like ASSEMBLERgames (Topic on it here) and apparently based off the info currently known, it seems to be the only one in existence at the moment with the Halo Edition markings. Not sure if he's going to keep it, though he did mention receiving quite a few offers already, including one that was $15K.
    Last edited by gamevet; 03 Aug 2014 at 12:51 PM.

2. That's a neat case, definitely not worth any sort of high asking price though.

3. It's not an after-market case. It's a case (test sample) that was made for the Halo Edition Xbox (they chose green instead) that never made it out to retail. There's only 3 or 4 in existence.

Anyone want to buy my green one?

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It's not an after-market case. It's a case (test sample) that was made for the Halo Edition Xbox (they chose green instead) that never made it out to retail. There's only 3 or 4 in existence.
    I just don't think it's worth it just for that but then again I'm not really big on collecting consoles.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I just don't think it's worth it just for that but then again I'm not really big on collecting consoles.
    I'm with you on that. I won't pay $100 for a rare game, even though I might get a lot of gameplay out of it. There's some fool out there with too much money and not enough sense that will pay thousands for that console, just to say they own something rare.

7. Some mega-collector would drop money on it maybe, but I can't imagine anybody else wanting/caring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Eh, I'm sure somebody with a lot of cash, that thinks Halo is his jams, would pay something for it.

I don't know why everyone is acting all clueless on how collecting works. Worth is not universal on non necessities. There are a limited and small number of people at the top of the demand curve. Basics man, basics.

So why all the "OMG THAT ISN'T WORTH A LOT BECAUSE I DON'T PERSONALLY WANT IT"?

I'm sure it is worth a lot to someone making 150k+ a year and halo is their biggest hobby. One of those 3 people will want it. Surely.

9. I'm going to ask a dumb question here:

why is it orange

10. That was my question as well.

Edit: I can't think of a single item in Halo that is orange.