Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for 3rd person action/adventure games w/ amazing environments

1. Recommendations for 3rd person action/adventure games w/ amazing environments

Big fan of Uncharted, Gunvalkyrie, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear Solid, Killer is Dead / Lollipop Chainsaw / Shadows of the Damned, Shadows of the Colossus, Ico, you get the idea.

Throw some hyper-obscure-kawaii shit in my face and receive reputation points.

Suggest the Sarge's Heroes branch of the Army Men series and receive an honorable mention (i.e. a quick addition to my ignore list).

Zelda

3. I never hear about this game, thank you very much

4. Binary Domain looks hella generic in stills, but is actually a great game. Dunno if Nier has amazing environments, but it does have an amazingly depressing story and was probably my favorite game on last gen's round of consoles. Ninja Blade and Asura's Wrath are flawed and QTE-intensive, but make up for it by being ridiculously over the top.

None of these hold a candle to 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, though.

5. PC Skyrim with Mods
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

6. Tail of the Sun

Some of these push the limits of specifically what you asked, but certainly not to the extent of Zelda or Tail of the Sun:

• God Hand
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • Gears of War series
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (I still have only played the first)
    • Alan Wake
    • Demons Souls
    • Hitman series
    • Tomb Raider series
    • Vanquish
    • Bayonetta
    • Metal Gear Rising
    • Transformers: War/Fall of Cybertron
    • Devil May Cry series
    • Resident Evil series
    • Dead Rising series
    • Legacy of Kain series

I would also agree with Binary Domain and even 50 Cent. You basically described my favorite type of games.

edit: I think Shinji Mikami had a hand in about half this list, now that I look at it in full.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 05 Aug 2014 at 09:32 AM.

8. Enslaved.

9. Is this thread just about games with cool backgrounds? If so, Alice: Madness Returns and Remember Me are both quite pretty.

Game with 14 weapons, that all handle unique, with atmospheric backgrounds, challenging gameplay and awesome armor??? Monster Hunter 4 u