Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubusuna, a New Shmup from Hiroshi Iuchi (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Oh whoa. Do you have more info on who from Cave, specifically?
    I'll see if I can get names but basically about all of their arcade/console development has left Cave with the vast majority at M2. M2 is looking to do retro style but modern game releases, sort of like Treasure but they want to actually be relevant.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

2. That's pretty interesting. I really like the handful of original games they've made like the ReBirth games and Fantasy Zone II DX, so I'd be pretty eager to see how that goes. Lord knows they're diligent students of retro design.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 19 Aug 2014 at 12:21 AM.

Way back in The Day, they also did the quest mode for Gauntlet IV too. That was pretty spiffy.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    I'll see if I can get names but basically about all of their arcade/console development has left Cave with the vast majority at M2. M2 is looking to do retro style but modern game releases, sort of like Treasure but they want to actually be relevant.
    Not doubting you, but I'm wondering where you're getting this info? Some Japanese website?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bryce View Post
    Not doubting you, but I'm wondering where you're getting this info? Some Japanese website?
    Their lawyer who services many devs and is a fellow arcade collector
    Become History

6. Shou = The Source

Just had a funny realization: In the past, news like "new shooter from renowned shooter man" would mean we'd all be getting pumped to import.

Now we're all getting pumped to download it for $15.

THE FUTURE.

7. I'm in the industry, I have the CEO of Sega on speed dial, Suda 51 called me for a meeting a few weeks ago lol
    Become History