Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Missouri...

NPR just reported that two protestors were shot last night... by other protestors.

They're also doing their best to undermine live streamers and citizen journalists which is fucking blowing my mind.

Why would you need to fact check a livestream? IT'S FUCKING LIVE

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's a seriously broad stroke, so I'll answer with a similar one. Why is it that the people most in favor of growing the government are also the most outraged when they're reminded the police are part of that?
    "Growing the government" is an interesting way to put it.

I think there is a huge gap between advocating for, say, more financial industry regulation or universal healthcare and more cops stomping on peoples' faces. I don't think one implies the other.

I also think you will find a lot of overlap of support for decreased military spending/cop militarization between liberals and libertarians. The viewpoint on this from both groups is functionally identical.

4. This situation is awful and I hate that it's just another thing for people to draw lines in the sand over and I hate that there's looting but I hate that the looting is another piece of ammo for racists to crap on black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    I think there is a huge gap between advocating for, say, more financial industry regulation or universal healthcare and more cops stomping on peoples' faces. I don't think one implies the other.
    I already live in a country with less cops per capita than the US and I would still gladly take tax money away from law enforcement and transfer it to health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    "Growing the government" is an interesting way to put it.

I also think you will find a lot of overlap of support for decreased military spending/cop militarization between liberals and libertarians. The viewpoint on this from both groups is functionally identical.
    Yoshi still thinks it is the 80s and republicans are fiscal conservatives that want small government.

No one told him that party died when the twin towers came down. If it ever was more than a bed time story.

No, the current Republican party is just the evil left party. Same methods, opposite wants.

Oh they want big government just like the left. More police. More military. More farm subsidies. More government contracts sent to one horse towns. Etc, etc.

Same shit, different brand.

Though admitted if I had to choose a devil, I'd rather starve feeding worthless people than fear that a cop is going to shoot me 5 times.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Not the looting, btw. Protestors have actually been shutting that shit down. The crowd is policing itself.
    We have reached a point where an unorganized mob is smarter and more emotionally stable than the police.

James

9. The police in the 1950s:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1950e280931952-sbpd-group-photo.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	393.0 KB 
ID:	74892

The police in the 2010s:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130419_boston4_53.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	634.4 KB 
ID:	74893

Picture says a thousand words.

10. They do both appear to be in the same situation.