Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Missouri...

1. Police have been on a killing spree here in NYC. Michael Brown is like a spit in the ocean.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I'm going to need an explanation of how that's not probable cause for at least involuntary manslaughter, and then you let a trial handle the rest.
    This is not the article I read last week, but it makes the same points.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dai...t_unlikely.php
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Well, as exhibited by the Zimmerman/Martin thing, my calculator on the feasibility of anyone's ability to judge whether to use deadly force is heavily weighted toward "not able to." Meh.

4. It was excessive force, but the struggle in the patrol car, recent robbery (property stolen from person by force), and act of fleeing the scene have all been justified for using a gun in the past by countless police. Why did the officer shoot? Why did the burglar fight and flee?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    It was excessive force, but the struggle in the patrol car, recent robbery (property stolen from person by force), and act of fleeing the scene have all been justified for using a gun in the past by countless police. Why did the officer shoot? Why did the burglar fight and flee?
    All good questions but sadly not enough to trigger whatever inside of me would say is reasonable use of deadly force. Damn my bleeding heart and gigantic brain.

6. SET EVERY PIZZA PIZZA ON FIRE
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    SET EVERY PIZZA PIZZA ON FIRE
    it was little ceasers so the odds are it still won't be hot and ready

also, https://vine.co/v/O1XnPZtLJPe

8. This is what happens when you let a police force police itself. Any such incident should be investigated by a seperate, independent entity and the cop in question held to the same standards of justice as any man on the street. Hell, they should be held to a higher standard. So fucked up.

9. I agree with that. But I care more about the 43 missing Mexican students than a petty cigar thief.

EDIT: the two riots are actually somewhat similar, when you strip away the American Racism/Mexican Cartel differences
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 25 Nov 2014 at 12:16 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    SET EVERY PIZZA PIZZA ON FIRE
    A buncha slack-jawed Canadians, including myself, watched the news of this breaking at a Pizza-Pizza, while looking thoroughly confused, hungry, and disappointed.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 25 Nov 2014 at 12:17 AM.