Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Missouri...

1. So it's ignorance, then. Got it.

Brown's family released a statement saying they were "profoundly disappointed" but asked that the public "channel your frustration in ways that will make a positive change. We need to work together to fix the system that allowed this to happen."

Last edited by Type Ryan; 25 Nov 2014 at 02:17 PM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

2. Emotion is real, fella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    So it's ignorance, then. Got it.

So you are cool and level headed 100% of the time?

4. Skip to 2:35

Guy in green is Mike Brown's stepfather. Apparently this was before the rioting began.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    So you are cool and level headed 100% of the time?
    I get pissed off just like you and everyone else, but there's a limit to my anger. I don't go around destroying businesses when I'm angry or furious. I'm willing to bet that if a fellow TNLer's business, say SSJN's, got destroyed as a result of rioting, I highly doubt you'd be singing its benefits.

Imo, rioting is misdirected anger and it takes away from any valid argument that may be present. It's like throwing a temper tantrum, but on a way larger scale. And peaceful protests can be done. You think MLK made the progress he made through violence or through restraint?
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. Funny you should mention MLK.

Name:  1511837_10203494124098405_9140855359658998090_o.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  86.4 KB

7. Seems MLK was a conflicted man.

"Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals."

8. There's a big difference between being angry about something and running around destroying innocent people's homes and cars and looting community businesses. That accomplishes nothing, makes you look like a savage, and takes away from any point you were trying to make to begin with. They're protesting an injustice by perpetrating injustices of their own. It's hypocritical, stupid, and let's be honest...the looters aren't protesting shit, they're just seizing an opportunity for free stuff.

If you have to, take on the cops. Leave innocent people out of it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. What about sports riots? Seems like at least this is about something.

Rioting is pretty American, really.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 25 Nov 2014 at 04:09 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    What about sports riots? Seems like at least this is about something.
    Those are even worse. Rioting over sports just speaks to the level of immaturity of those partaking in destroying shit. Imo, they're just an excuse for people who already have violent tendencies to destroy things.