Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Missouri...

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    ODB laughs at your white guilt.
    He laughs at me in my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Ridiculous. This kind of thinking is what gets Huckleberry Finn censored or banned. The word itself is not the problem.
    That would be why I prefaced it with, "lulz," my good man. I know it's psychotic but I do it anyway because I just don't like the word. In no way am I trying to force that shit on anyone, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    White privilege is a stupid term. It is more like white advantage. And by white, we all really mean money advantage, which is just kinda 'duh'
    I don't think you understand what people are trying to convey with the term. It may very well be as played-out and annoying a term as "welfare queen" but it seems you're only looking at it economically. White privilege/advantage/whatever you want to call it is the answer to why nobody protests or whatever about the black cop killing the unarmed white man - that's not an easily noticed trend. White people don't get upset about that because there's no need to get upset about it: it's an isolated incident. Black men being killed by white cops in the south is deserving of scrutiny, and people who don't keep their eyes open to that say things like, "Rioters and looters jumped to conclusions without allowing for due process." They simply don't understand, AND they are focusing on the opportunists - not the protesters.

2. BUT what people are getting at with that word is real.
    I've been pretty good about removing things from my vocabulary but if I slip up and call something "retarded" or use "gay" to indicate something negative, I never feel as bad about it as I do when other people (not even me) say "nigger." People can shit on "white guilt" all they want. I'm a human being so I'm going to feel bad when someone uses a word that was specifically modified to be pejorative out of nothing other than spite. I honestly don't even like that black people use it and defend that usage. I feel the same way about the other racial slurs.

for Miley to stop twerking
    Can everyone just stop twerking?

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I don't think you understand what people are trying to convey with the term. It may very well be as played-out and annoying a term as "welfare queen" but it seems you're only looking at it economically. White privilege/advantage/whatever you want to call it is the answer to why nobody protests or whatever about the black cop killing the unarmed white man - that's not an easily noticed trend. White people don't get upset about that because there's no need to get upset about it: it's an isolated incident. Black men being killed by white cops in the south is deserving of scrutiny, and people who don't keep their eyes open to that say things like, "Rioters and looters jumped to conclusions without allowing for due process." They simply don't understand, AND they are focusing on the opportunists - not the protesters.

I can only dream of being as ignorant of half the politics in this country as you are. The Yoshi's of this nation would say all of that is a conspiracy. Politically correct Hollywood and Atlanta not caring about the white man. I've even seen that very story in my facebook feed, old white people yelling into their keyboards about why no one pays attention to the white boy that was shot.

Ultra conservatives notice every incident of black on white crime. Every last one. And they may not be rioting or protesting, but they are getting ready to bust heads. The guy that was in here just yesterday fixing my internet went off about it. He noticed my WW2 books and I mentioned I liked war history. He parlayed that into how bad history classes were taught in school. Which is ok, because history class is kind of bad in the south. But then it went down hill. I commented on how kids don't even get to learn much about slavery. About how there were 3 phases of it, and the 1st phase was so brutal that black people would be worked to death where they stood. Well he quickly brought up "well muh sharecroppers" and "debtors prison" and before he left he had to bring up all the black 'thugs' and 'felons' that moved to his area after katrina. Of how he always comes to the door at night with a gun. How he won't let his wife go out at night because of the shootings and robberies.

Oh, how I wish you were right. That white people in this country didn't care. That they didn't think there was a trend. That they were just so well off and above everyone else that it seemed small and insignificant.

In truth, it is really just a marginal level of comfort and rule of law that keeps that sort in check. You better hope we never have a real depression. If those people don't die out, and their comfort goes away, we're going to have a problem. Because right now, HBO and call of duty are just too good to bother with killing the ultra liberals, the fags, the jews, and POC.

(which is all very sad, because really, these people have many of the same problems as POC. But they would rather obsess on how they are 5% better off than POC than work together so everyone's life could improve 100%. Its dumb.)

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Can everyone just stop twerking?
    How very dare you. How horribly racist. Didn't you know that twerking goes back to their great African Heritage? That it goes back their great and wonderful religious rituals? The evil white man has all but destroyed all links to their ancient Gods, and here you would take away this last cultural strong hold?

I bet you thought it was just a sexualized dance where a woman gyrated her hips and ass like she was grinding a man's privates?

SHAME CALLIANDER. SHAME!!!!!!

3. The cop in that recent incident where a white kid was shot by a black cop was actually wearing a body camera. For obvious reasons this changes the whole dynamic of the situation. I know the right wing movement conservatives either don't want to or are mentally incapable of recognizing this, but that's the story.

I also don't see people trying to dig up stories about the time that white kid smoked weed maybe so it's alright he got shot or trying to find threatening Facebook pictures to turn him into a "thug." But that's a different story.

4. ░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐███████▌▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
    ▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ░▄▄▄░░▄░░▄░▄░░▄░░▄░░░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄
    █▄▄▄█░█▄▄█░█▄▄█░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█░░░█
    █░░░█░░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█s
    ▀░░░▀░░▀░░░░▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▀░▀▄▄▄▀
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Why would they care about scenarios where they aren't the victim? Not even picking on black or white people on that. Everyone seems to focus on narratives where they are the most downtrodden, regardless of what the actual truth is.

6. I found this slightly amusing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44nword.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	74920  

7. LOL Chris Rock was old people humor when that bit was new.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    Dupress, South Dakota is 70.74% Native American.

Batesman is 86.36% Native American

The overall point about racism and minorities kind of stands, though.
    Last edited by kedawa; 25 Aug 2014 at 12:16 AM.

not available in my country

10. Well, it seems the shoe is on the other foot for change.