Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokken Tournament (Arcade)

1. The best character in the series is hardly a disaster.

I should read those comics again.

2. But Brian, Pikachu.

The great detective.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    Oh great, more "fun" with short characters. Don't they remember the disaster that was Gon?
    I will remember the disaster of this Brianvgplayer post for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I should read those comics again.
    You know what's weird? They got even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Pokken Tournament (Arcade)

I don't dislike Gon as a character and I plan to read the comics, I just found him to be very unfun to fight against in Tekken 3. I also heard Yoda is very awkward in Soul Calibur IV and Yoda is my favorite Star Wars character.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 28 Aug 2014 at 08:45 AM.

5. I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Sounds good.

7. http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/23/787...uicune-pokemon
    Pikachu, Gardevoir and Suicune will be playable fighters in Bandai Namco's Pokémon fighting game, Pokkén Tournament, the game's developer confirmed during a livestream on Japan's Niconico video service today.

The three newly confirmed Pokémon join previously announced playable fighters Lucario and Machamp, and a handful of assist characters, including Emolga, Fenniken, Lapras and Snivy.

Pokkén Tournament producer and Tekken team lead Katsuhiro Harada detailed some of the arcade game's mechanics during the stream. Fights are broken up into a field phase, in which Pokémon can run around the fighting area and use long distance attacks, and a duel phase, when fighters get close and fight hand-to-hand. Each Pokémon has a flashy ultra-style attack called a Resonance Burst, and characters are ranked by their skill in field fighting, duel fighting and their ultra move.

In practice, the game looks somewhat similar to Bandai Namco's action-fighting games based on Naruto and Dragon Ball. Harada said on Twitter today that the developers of those games, CyberConnect2 and Dimps, are not developing Pokkén Tournament.

The game's controls include a weak attack, strong attack, "Pokémon" attack, assist and jump. Fighters can block with a shield that degrades as they guard against hits.

The arcade release of Pokkén Tournament won't use a traditional arcade stick; instead, cabinets will feature a gamepad with a cross pad, two shoulder buttons and four face buttons — that mimic the button layout of Nintendo controllers. Here's what it looks like currently, though Harada said it's subject to change.

No word yet on a console version of Pokkén Tournament, but given the gamepad-based controls, the fighting game's transition to a Wii U gamepad or Classic Controller seems like a natural one.

Interestingly, Pikachu appears to have some heavy influence from Tekken's Mishima family. The Pokémon's win poses mimic those of Heihachi Mishima and Kazuya Mishima. Harada said on Twitter that Pikachu can execute Eagle Wind God Fist, a Mishima-style karate move.
    Edit: much better trailers thankfully!

This looks great, really looking forward to this now. I like the implementation of the field phase and the duel phase especially, that's an interesting idea.

And Gengar, thanks to a twitter campaign for the game!
    Last edited by Geo; 03 Jul 2015 at 03:56 PM.

8. A controller, for an arcade game? Weird. No way this gets a western release (other than the obviously-coming Wii U port, of course), those things would be torn off within a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. July 16th release date announced for Japan:

Charizard and Weavile revealed as playable fighters:

Plus Jirachi and Whimsicott as assist characters:
    Click for full size