Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Capcom Suing Koei Tecmo for Patent Infringement in over 50 Games

1. Monster Hunter is in decline which is why they are in trouble yet again. They have a breakout hit, milk it to death at the detriment of other new IP and then it becomes a situation where their market cap tanks because all at once, nothing is selling well.

Capcom has been repeating this cycle forever except this time, they have the extra baggage of a failed mobile division and failed overseas development. Any project headed up by the Japanese working with overseas devs will 99.9% of the time fail. The Japanese (yes, this is a stereotype) are just not well equipped/experienced to handle cultural, time zone, work ethic differences to make a successful title especially when you have parallel distributed development.

Konami, for all of their suckiness, diversified their portfolio to include gambling, gyms, mobile games in addition to cutting down investment on their flagging console and arcade games.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

2. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    And then we need KTC to make Final Fight 4 on the DW engine. Instead of fighting 8-10 enemies at once, try 30. After that, KTC vs. SNK- throw in the DW, Last Blade, and SamSho characters.
    No, just no. Muso is a failure of a beat'em up just like Heavenly Sword..where is the grappling? There is so little gameplay in these titles, it's sad.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

3. At least DmC ended up being fun despite all of us ( me included! ) bitching about his stupid hair. Probably sold terribly, though.

4. Maybe Konami should sell the Gradius/Salamander/Xexex franchises off to the likes of G.Rev or M2 instead of sitting on them. Capcom should probably do the same with some of their franchises or at least make better choices in who they farm out to (obviously, 1942 Joint Strike would've been better done by G.Rev or M2 than Backbone).

1942 JS bores me. 19XX and even 1944 beat JS.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 29 Aug 2014 at 10:38 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    Any project headed up by the Japanese working with overseas devs will 99.9% of the time fail
    So the 0.1% are basically every Donkey Kong Country game?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Sonic the Hedgehog 1 worked out pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Contra 4 and Metroid Prime are good stuff as well. No involvment from Japanese devs, but Intv's own sequel to Burgertime, Diner, is actually a good game in its own right and much better than that obscure Ice Cream game. Another oddity is Ms. Pac-Man. A US made sequel to Pac-Man that actually does things better than Namco's own sequels.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    Contra 4 and Metroid Prime are good stuff as well. No involvment from Japanese devs, but Intv's own sequel to Burgertime, Diner, is actually a good game in its own right and much better than that obscure Ice Cream game. Another oddity is Ms. Pac-Man. A US made sequel to Pac-Man that actually does things better than Namco's own sequels.
    Played Contra 4 and loved it. WayForward, BGM composer Jake Kaufman, and pixel artist Henk Nieborg did their homework on the best things about the series. It's the 32-bit Contra game that the Saturn and PS1 wish they had. If only C4 was also released on consoles, Vita, or PC- it's that freakin' amazing.

Similarly, Tetris TGM3 turned out well with no involvement from Alexey Pajitnov. While the original concept is his, Arika tweaked it to really made something amazing of it. There's a mention of him on the game's bootup screen, but not in the credit roll.

9. I'll throw in for Contra 4 as well, the little touches are great. I love that they have the purple xenomorphs from Konami's Aliens arcade game in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Similarly, Tetris TGM3 turned out well with no involvement from Alexey Pajitnov. While the original concept is his, Arika tweaked it to really made something amazing of it. There's a mention of him on the game's bootup screen, but not in the credit roll.
    Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.