Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Capcom Suing Koei Tecmo for Patent Infringement in over 50 Games

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I think it's partially the cutting through the crap and partially that people love to hate. Pre-internet you were relying solely on magazines and maybe a friend to tell you if a game was as cool as the screenshots on the back of the box looked. These days almost everyone has a voice and negative ones tend to rise to the top very quickly, even if they're overblown and completely made-up (see: almost every popular YouTube channel about gaming). Spreading the word is about whoever can do it in a way that appeals to the largest amount of people the fastest and not whoever has an informed and/or balanced opinion, and joining in on hate is easy and lets people pretend they're better.

So yeah, spreading word of mouth these days is likely more harmful than good to many big games, particularly if they don't have an overwhelming marketing campaign to go up against that.Before people even had a clue about the game they were crying about dreadlocks which never fucking mattered. Not that the game was great or anything, but it was basically arriving DOA from unfounded hate.
    Metacritic hasn't done much to help the cause. People flock to the site to get a gauge of how the critics view a game and all it takes is several bad apples to ruin the over-all score of a game.

Lol at good olé price drop clearance til complaining about this.

buttplant's phone is still a matador I see.

4. We will all rejoice on the day that the bull wins.

5. I had no idea that Wayforward did Contra 4 for the DS. I must track down a copy ASAP.