Page 1 of 16 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest + Dynasty Warriors = Dragon Quest Heroes

1. Dragon Quest + Dynasty Warriors = Dragon Quest Heroes

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/1/6092...-ps4-ps3-musou
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygon
    A new Dragon Quest game is coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3: Dragon Quest Heroes, a hack and slash, Dynasty Warriors-style action role-playing game from Square Enix, Tecmo Koei and Omega Force.

Yuji Horii from Square Enix and Kou Shibusawa from Tecmo Koei unveiled the new Dragon Quest spin-off at today's Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia press conference alongside a trailer that showcased gameplay and pre-rendered cinematics. A group of heroes was shown dispatching scores of classic Dragon Quest enemies, like slimes, cyclopses, dragons, skeletons, wizards, golems and more.

Dragon Quest Heroes will be out sometime in 2015.

Sony will release a special edition version of the PS4 to commemorate the launch of Dragon Quest Heroes. Dubbed the Metal Slime edition, the silver console and DualShock 4 will be imprinted with slime characters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metal_slime_ps4.0.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	74982
    The western release should be called Dynasty Dragon Warriors. Also: damn shame we won't be getting that Metal Slime PS4. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Is Erdrick going to be a playable character?

EDIT: why is everything in italics this morning?

I commend them for figuring out how many turds they can sell by polishing them, but the best part of this is easily that PS4. The black accents looks better with silver than they do with the white ones.

4. It's like Videogames doesn't want to be with me anymore but doesn't want the guilt of dumping me, so he's acting like a jerk hoping that I dump him.

Good. Get out. Omega Force for LIFE.

j/k I rabu you.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I want to be the dude from DQ 5 and make even more horrible things happen to him. He had the worst life ever.

7. They're pulling a bunch of these out now. They announced One Piece Musou 3 recently as well.

I'm waiting for some kind of inevitable Castlevania or Final Fantasy Musou.

MEGA MAN MUSOU
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. At the very least, having umpteen differenty kinds of cannon fodder onscreen is better than just one, and the giant enemies look cool. And the combo the older dude was doing seemed slow/low reaching enough that maybe movesets won't be so ridiculous as to render the cannon fodder fangless like in Hyrule Warriors.

10. I feel like I should recognize at least one character from that trailer. Oh well. At least it'll have better gameplay than regular DQ games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    MEGA MAN MUSOU
    HURNGH