Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 212141516

Thread: Dragon Quest + Dynasty Warriors = Dragon Quest Heroes

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I bet we'll get a digital only release like we did with the One Piece Musou games.
    The third one came out on disc, though!

2. I just started playing this on PS4. I got it in a PSN sale a month or two ago. I've never played a Dynasty Warriors or Hyrule Warriors game before, but I'm seeing now that it's basically beat 'em up tower defense. Only played about an hour so far but I'm digging the gameplay loop. Kill kill, bite sized story, and more button mashing.

I was arguing with my friend over the graphics. He said they were mediocre but I feel like they're top notch. I think seeing it running at a crisp 60fps and actually playing it helps. This is a series that prides itself on fighting 100 enemies at once or whatever, so it's a bit on the low-polyside. I think it looks great and captures what I feel like the Dragon Quest world looks like, minus cel shading. I really dig the lighting, which makes me think they pulled in resources from Team Ninja or something for the graphics engine.

If this game is similar enough to the Dynasty Warriors series, I think I understand why it's so popular. Simple, straightforward fun. No lengthy tutorials or cutscenes. No wandering around open-worlds. No complex skill-trees. I really love it, since I have a hard time dedicating to many games which end up feeling like jobs or maintenance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    I obtained this game a few weeks ago and had my first clear of it last weekend. I might plow through the second replay to get to the third, which I've read a few places state as being the typical number of runs required to get the Platinum. Considering how relatively easy and enjoyable it was to get through once, I might get to it sooner than later.
    I wonder if dog money ever got that Platinum. Starting a new game plus is actually the worst thing you can do if you're going for completion since you lose a lot of items and many of your counters are reset. You can easily get all the trophies on your first go. I should be done with this game by tomorrow and PS - I loved it.

The optional bosses at the end can kill you pretty fast even at level 99 with the best gear. Actually having to play and try for reals was a neat surprise in the endgame, but it's honestly still pretty easy with the right crafted accessories. Bianca and Terry are the super OP standouts here. The giant Behemoth fight is neat, reminds me of a MonHun giant monster event quest.

Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    I obtained this game a few weeks ago and had my first clear of it last weekend. I might plow through the second replay to get to the third, which I've read a few places state as being the typical number of runs required to get the Platinum. Considering how relatively easy and enjoyable it was to get through once, I might get to it sooner than later.
    I wonder if dog money ever got that Platinum. Starting a new game plus is actually the worst thing you can do if you're going for completion since you lose a lot of items and many of your counters are reset. You can easily get all the trophies on your first go. I should be done with this game by tomorrow and PS - I loved it.

The optional bosses at the end can kill you pretty fast even at level 99 with the best gear. Actually having to play and try for reals was a neat surprise in the endgame, but it's honestly still pretty easy with the right crafted accessories. Bianca and Terry are the super OP standouts here. The giant Behemoth fight is neat, reminds me of a MonHun giant monster event quest.