Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Revelaitons 2

Apparently Capcom dicked up the PS4 version's optimization enough to actually give the Xbox its first lone second place finish after almost a year and a half:

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    We'd feel a lot more satisfied had the reduced feature set produced perfectly stable performance on the modern consoles, but the drops definitely scrape away a layer of polish - particularly on PlayStation 4. While both console versions are quite playable, the massive hitches in performance experienced in certain sections on the Sony platform left us preferring the Xbox One version. Of course, if you have even a moderately powerful gaming PC, we'd recommend that above all, as long as split-screen gaming is not important to you. The weird, subtle inconsistencies also left us curious about the game's development, as certain features appear to have been implemented somewhat differently across all three versions of the game. Perhaps the team responsible for the PS4 version struggled more with optimisation?

3. Same game, slight graphic differences. Whoopity doo!! It's not like we are talking Ps1 vs Ps2 differences.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 25 Feb 2015 at 03:33 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Plus, it's funny how NeoGAF is up in arms: "What, PS4 isn't markedly superior? No buy!"

when really they should say, "Hey the first one was shit and the only reason anyone liked it was because it was a handheld game and our expectations fall through the floor whenever that happens, maybe I won't get the second one"

5. The original game was great, but this "sequel" has looked terrible since day one. Not a revelaiton.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Plus, it's funny how NeoGAF is up in arms: "What, PS4 isn't markedly superior? No buy!"

when really they should say, "Hey the first one was shit and the only reason anyone liked it was because it was a handheld game and our expectations fall through the floor whenever that happens, maybe I won't get the second one"
    No, that would be even more retarded, since the first one was the best RE since 4. A better argument would be that Mikami moving on and making The Evil Within eliminates the need for this series at all, but I like the genre enough to support both.

7. I got this on Steam, but the physical version must have come with a can of paint to huff in order to have that opinion. The backlash 5 gets is incredible.

8. Whoa whoa whoa. I loved the first Revelations. It was like Resident Evil: The TV Show, which was an interesting style.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    the first one was the best RE since 4.
    True but that's hardly an achievement.

10. RE5 is great. So many haters.