Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Revelaitons 2

1. New IP is for the old stuff when the original devs have moved on. Which is what happened.

I'm fine with a series trying new things. Most people welcomed the change RE4 brought at the time because the previous formula was getting old. 5 just wasn't as interesting or as well designed. It tried to be a regular third-person shooter and those types of games had improved since 4 came out.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I am way too old to care about that stuff. If games stayed the same people would bitch about that too.
    This is the correct opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    New IP is for the old stuff when the original devs have moved on. Which is what happened.
    Well, yeah. The Evil Within completely embarrassed RE5, 6, Revelations, etc., but that was inevitable.

5. Resident Evil Revelaitons 2

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I'm fine with a series trying new things. Most people welcomed the change RE4 brought at the time because the previous formula was getting old. 5 just wasn't as interesting or as well designed. It tried to be a regular third-person shooter and those types of games had improved since 4 came out.
    RE5 played really well, and offered way more replayability than any game in the series.

RE6 is just a damn good action game with a ton of content.

The truth is that there hasn't been a bad game in the series. Although like any series that has a lot of games that have been released over a long period of time, individual people will prefer some over others.

6. I thought 5 was okay. It wasn't terrible or great, it was pretty much as average as it gets.

7. I would definitely call 6 a bad game. The combat just doesn't make up the sheer volume of terrible surrounding it.

8. So has anyone actually tried THIS game yet? I keep seeing it on my dash and part of me wants to try it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    So has anyone actually tried THIS game yet? I keep seeing it on my dash and part of me wants to try it.
    It's pretty good!

I've played about 20-25 minutes so far but it's been enjoyable, bought the season pass since it's a pretty good value and there's plenty of content to it between episodes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    So has anyone actually tried THIS game yet? I keep seeing it on my dash and part of me wants to try it.
    I'm waiting patiently for the physical release.