Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Golf Club

1. The Golf Club

This game has been mentioned in the sports game thread, but I think this game is so good and don't want it to be glossed over or missed by people who might actually be interested.

First off, with this game, you could never play the same course twice if you wanted to. It has procedurally generated along with a course creator, and there are some pretty impressive custom courses out there. That's what initially sold me on the game, but the gameplay itself is great. Simple enough to learn but difficult enough to master. The multiplayer aspect is a bit interesting right now, but they intend to flesh it out a bit. As of now, you play with friends by having a live scorecard. You can see their ball as it moves, but with a 10-20 second delay. The scorecard itself seems to be a bit faster to update. It's not turn based so you can choose to play each hole together, or play at your own pace but still see all the scores updated. You can also play any ghost on any hole. You can try to beat a friends score when they aren't there or play anyone off the leaderboards. They have more videos on their site to get an idea of the gameplay, but I just wanted to share this cause some people might enjoy it but not really heard about it. It's digital only at $35 and so worth it in my book.

2. I will likely check it out during a Steam sale. It certainly looks pretty and I like the sound of not using a swing meter.

3. I like it, it plays a mean game of golf, but they glossed over a lot of smaller features in order home in on the core gampelay. It's a good focus, but the game still seems fairly bare-bones because of it. I'm hoping now that the main game is officially released they hone in on things like the character creator, which is so bare-bones as to make me wonder why they bothered.

James

4. I'm not really concerned about character creator. I guess it would be nice to have a bit more options, but it doesn't really affect anything. I would like a true live MP where I see my friends strokes when they actually occur. They need to add the option to play the front or back 9 of any 18 hole course, not just force have people design 9 hole courses. Hopefully they add more course themes just to add a a bit more variation, but that would just be a bonus.

6. Wind Simulator the game is on sale? You should pick it up.

I'm tempted, but I need to save some of my September budget for October. And then there's the whole hours in a day discussion.

8. I'm getting the club this week since it's on sale

9. GET YOUR MONEY AND GET THE CLUB

10. I am absolutely atrocious at putting in this, any tips?

By the way, this game is pretty damn good.