Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7171920212223 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul - September 2014 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I ended up blowing $650 (taxes included) on a Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum washer. The old washing machine had been repaired 2 times and was pretty much on its deathbed, so I decided it was time to get a new washer. I'm hoping the reduced water use will help to lower my water bill, that has been pretty insane the last couple of months.
    Heh, I just had to buy a washer too. The assholes who delivered it managed to put a hole in the linoleum and break the hot water valve.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Heh, I just had to buy a washer too. The assholes who delivered it managed to put a hole in the linoleum and break the hot water valve.
    I picked it up from a Sears Outlet store and installed it myself. Those delivery guys are freaking knuckle draggers.

Now I just need to find someone on Craigslist that will take my old washer off of my hands, or I'll just end up dropping it off at a recycling center.

On the plus side, the new washer kinda sounds like a spaceship.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Those delivery guys are freaking knuckle draggers.
    A few years back when my washer & dryer were being delivered and setup by Sears the dryer didn't want to sit flat on the ground. The installation guys just took a piece of cardboard and wedged it under there saying that was the only option. My dad worked for a few years delivering and installing them after he got out of the army like 35 years ago. He came in my place right after and just plopped down on the ground and found the piece to adjust in about a minute and called the other guys lazy dumbasses.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    A few years back when my washer & dryer were being delivered and setup by Sears the dryer didn't want to sit flat on the ground. The installation guys just took a piece of cardboard and wedged it under there saying that was the only option. My dad worked for a few years delivering and installing them after he got out of the army like 35 years ago. He came in my place right after and just plopped down on the ground and found the piece to adjust in about a minute and called the other guys lazy dumbasses.
    All it takes is a crescent wrench to turn the legs to adjust the height. It's not rocket science.

We had a Sears authorized installer put in our garage door opener. He had called us (20 minutes before he had arrived), asking us to open the garage door for his arrival. He did a decent job with the installation, but the asshole stole my weed eater, after he had asked me to get a light bulb for the overhead unit. While I was getting the bulb, I had heard the sound of something dropping in the back of his truck. I'd thought that it was him dropping his tools into the bed of his truck, until I'd noticed that my weed eater was missing from the garage wall. I couldn't dispute it with Sears, since I had my garage door open for 20 minutes before his arrival. Sneaky bastard!
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Sep 2014 at 03:07 AM.

Now I just need to find someone on Craigslist that will take my old washer off of my hands
    That shouldn't be hard at all.

We had a Sears authorized installer put in our garage door opener. He had called us (20 minutes before he had arrived), asking us to open the garage door for his arrival. He did a decent job with the installation, but the asshole stole my weed eater, after he had asked me to get a light bulb for the overhead unit. While I was getting the bulb, I had heard the sound of something dropping in the back of his truck. I'd thought that it was him dropping his tools into the bed of his truck, until I'd noticed that my weed eater was missing from the garage wall. I couldn't dispute it with Sears, since I had my garage door open for 20 minutes before his arrival. Sneaky bastard!
    That guy is a dick.

7. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Being Japan, it's in prefect shape
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    This why I fix everything myself. It's like half these guys are brain damaged.

9. Boom Blocks(wii) - Haven't popped it in yet, but Spielburg's involvement usually brings about SOME interesting element or another; I figure there was a reason this is five bucks.

Dustforce (PS3) - This is still a speedrunner's dream-game, looks REALLY nice on PS3.

Lost Planet 2 (PS3) - The online is clunky in the way that I remember Phantom Dust being clunky, but multiplayer monster killing is neat and the deathmatch mode has some highlights to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I've heard good stuff about Boom Blox. Also bought it cheap a while back but have yet to play it =X

Dustforce is SO GOOD though.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery