Page 71 of 215 FirstFirst ... 576769707172737585 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Thread of Illegal Contact, Political Correctness, and PEDs cut with Molly

1. Did anyone think Denver was going to lose a home primetime game?

Also, 5 of 7 of their games have been at home
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 23 Oct 2014 at 10:53 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, and Colt McCoy throws 6 touchdown passes.
    That's about as crazy as the people saying the Cowboys would win 6 of their first 7 before the season started. If the D was as bad as everyone predicted then 6 TDs against them would be the norm.

3. Yeah but then they started winning and Washington has taken their top 5 offense and defense to a top 5 pick

With any luck, they'll trade their next three drafts for the #2 pick again.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yeah but then they started winning and Washington has taken their top 5 offense and defense to a top 5 pick
    Who ever said the Redskins had a top 5 defense or offense?

6. Jerry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Brettmatic View Post
    Who ever said the Redskins had a top 5 defense or offense?
    You came close:

As long as the run game stays dominant with Alfred Morris, the above average receivers they have should help RG3 look even better than he really is. But if with the guys they have he still can't move the offense to score 4+ TDs a game then I totally agree with the "doubters" that say Cousins deserves another look
    They ranked 23rd last year averaging around 21 pts, only the broncos averaged above 28 pts, the top teams are just under 28 ppg. I wouldn't bet on them ranking in the top 5 just yet, but 25 ppg wouldn't seem unreasonable (top 10) And yes their run game is capable of scoring the bulk of those pts themselves. Nobody doubts Morris' talent (except TNL)

In his rookie season 2012, the skins ranked 4th with 27.3 ppg (just under 4tds) so it's not impossible for him
    Remember the Morris vs. Murray discussion? Yeah.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 24 Oct 2014 at 07:21 PM.

8. I could see someone saying that about the offense before the season started, on paper that offense has a lot of playmakers but the QB was a letdown. That defense has been shit for as long as I can remember. Worst Secondary ever. Go Skins!

In response to Yoshi, I still think the talent on offense is there to become top 10 (which is what I said before the season). And yes I am a homer for the Skins, I've seen them dominate, suck, and everything in between so I'm not gonna jump ship on them and say the whole team needs to be replaced.

I may have doubted Murray but Morris is quality too, down year for him that's for sure
    Last edited by Brettmatic; 24 Oct 2014 at 07:29 PM.

Going from Shanahan to Gruden killed Morris. Shanahan made him look better than he is, just like he did for every Bronco in the late 1990s. Gruden doesn't seem to know how to use him. When he looks down at his play sheet and can't find "throw it to AJ Green," he gets confused.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Going from Shanahan to Gruden killed Morris. Shanahan made him look better than he is, just like he did for every Bronco in the late 1990s. Gruden doesn't seem to know how to use him. When he looks down at his play sheet and can't find "throw it to AJ Green," he gets confused.
    There's truth to all of that , but he can create mismatches with Reed/Garçon/Jackson/Helu/Morris , RG3 also changes the dynamic when healthy, Defense and Special Teams aren't doing them any favors and neither was the great Kirk Cousins.