Thread: Run Sackboy! Run! (Android, iOS, PSV)

Run Sackboy! Run! (Android, iOS, PSV)

There's an outside chance we might see a good LBP game after all:

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation Blog
    As well as putting the finishing touches to LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4 and PS3, we have also been busy working on a brand new handcrafted (and handheld) mini-adventure. Run Sackboy! Run! is a free-to-play, platform-survival game built exclusively for PS Vita and mobile devices, in which you can earn exclusive costumes for LBP3.

The Negativitron (that big nasty vacuum cleaner who sucks up all the creativity) is back, wreaking havoc on Craftworld and nipping at the heels of our very own Sackboy! Using simple tap and swipe gestures, you’ll speed through three iconic worlds from the LittleBigPlanet series — The Gardens, The Canyons, and Avalonia — evading danger for as long you can. Anyone can enjoy the game, but as Sackboy charges along at top speed, you’re going to need super-quick reactions to keep him on course and out of trouble.

Collect as many bubbles as you can as you speed through Craftworld, and then use your bubbles to buy special costumes and upgrades. Each of the costumes in the game have built in score multipliers, meaning you don’t only look snazzy but you can get higher scores too. You can challenge your friends using the game’s built-in social feature and scoreboards. There’s loads of power-ups too, including a Jet Pack, Shield, and Magnet, plus my personal favorite: the Glider. You also have a mission ladder system, meaning there are always new objectives and challenges each time you play.

There are tons of stickers to collect too, and an in-game Sticker Book to keep them all nice and tidy. As you complete collections of stickers you will unlock special rewards. You will not want to miss out on the exclusive costumes for LittleBigPlanet 3 which you will be able to gad about in when the game is released later this year on PS4 and PS3.

The game is scheduled for release in October this year, and will be available on PS Vita, iOS, and Android. We can’t wait to tell you more about the game soon.
    Link with screens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14946601399_d37cd9c8d1_z.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	75015  

2. Does it feature floaty jumps and a vague bad-game feeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Free to play immediately sets off all of my warning alarms.

4. Free to pay is a fine system if you understand that is the arrangement from the beginning.

Usually that arrangement is 'go play something else'.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Does it feature floaty jumps and a vague bad-game feeling?
    That's where the outside chance comes in. I'm hoping (but not expecting) this plays exactly like the iOS Rayman games.

6. THAT was a good runner. Kinda backfired though, I feel like I got the better part of the 'Rayman' experience without having to play the lead game.

I think most mobile tie-ins to major releases are just free (no IAPs) because they're just advertising for the main game. Play this mini game so you can play our game when you're away from home, and look, you're making progress*! This is basically a thread about advertising for LBP3.

It would be really funny if this had the same really laggy physics jumping from LBP though. In fact, it almost definitely will.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    THAT was a good runner. Kinda backfired though, I feel like I got the better part of the 'Rayman' experience without having to play the lead game.
    I think I enjoyed it more than Origins. Pretty sure I got farther in the runner, in any case.

9. we call this an 'infinite floater'