Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hullabaloo

1. Hullabaloo

Not necessarily a movie (yet), but I think a few people here will appreciate what these guys are trying to do.

2. Saw that earlier today and it looks like a load of fun. The campaign is doing great and, at this rate, should get a nice 4-episode web mini-series before funding slows down.

James

kinda hate steam punk because it is lazy horrible garbage 99% of the time. And the other 1% is chibi films.

But I hope it does well

4. Casually optimistic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I know this board is full of animation nerds (some of whom even work in the industry), so how the hell does this not already have a thread? Anyway, I'll just leave this here...
    adil

6. On one hand, I want to support hand-drawn animation. On the other, ewwww steampunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Yeah I think they're about ten years behind the curve on that being remotely cool, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. The problem with steampunk is that it's an aesthetic in search of a story. I mean sure, Girl Genius, but after that...? There's got to, in theory at least, be more than one story you can tell that uses the setting properly.

The problem with steam punk is that it is the result of ignorance most of the time.

Bad writers combining what little they know about the Victorian period with what little they know of steam power or early electronics.

There are like two or three Japanese animators that can get it right. And only because their respect for the source material.

Everything else, assholes painting nerf guns brown and gluing broken watches and door knobs to them.