Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3040424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: The #gameethics hashtag

She was probably hot to the same kind of guy that dwells on the worst parts of the internet all day. She was attainable. Which made her really hot.

Then they found out that she cheats on bfs, and does it for her own gain and suddenly all of their insecurity and loathing exploded onto the web.

Misdirected anger. thats my theory

interest take on this by a girl gamer and writer

http://theflounce.com/tits-gtfo-edit...notyourshield/

Somethin I want to question, when did ames become a 'boys club' ?

Everyone keeps saying it, but I don't know if I believe it. But I've been gaming since arcades and the atari. I was born into this world with one sister, and then later another in the late 80s early 90s. I don't remember games being a boys club. Sure, I didn't know a bunch of girls at school that played games. But I didn't know a bunch of girls that were nerds either. But a lot of families couldn't afford consoles anyway, Or many good games were not available out in the sticks. That wasn't so much an issue with my family, so we all played games. We went to the extra trouble to find things like Lunar on the sega cd, or Kings Quest on the computer. My sisters never did play doom or madden. But I didn't play madden either. And I never thought they didn't play doom because they were girls. I thought they didn't play them because they, on a personal level, sucked at doom.

3. Online's never been particularly girl-friendly outside of WoW.

#notyourshield is #actuallytheirshield, it's all very silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    She was probably hot to the same kind of guy that dwells on the worst parts of the internet all day. She was attainable. Which made her really hot.

Then they found out that she cheats on bfs, and does it for her own gain and suddenly all of their insecurity and loathing exploded onto the web.

Misdirected anger. thats my theory
    Ir's not even a theory. I think it's 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    She was attainable. Which made her really hot.
    Wait, what? Who the hell wants the easily attainable?

edit: I get it from a quick fix standpoint, but that's usually the opposite of hot and certainly would be in her case.

people that can't attain anything.

Like water in a desert, man

"Please get your whole head in front of the shotgun. Thank you for calling!"

8. Polygon's editor did a good job of debunking the fraudulent claim that this is about ethics. It's about baby boys who only like their viewpoint represented.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/17/69...rom-the-editor

And baby girls who like the same...

10. The #gameethics hashtag

Not really, because this is the reaction to women who have been putting forward different views. I never heard of Anita Sarkeesian demanding other viewpoints be excluded.