Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

1. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

So has anyone else been watching the recent TV adaptation of the Jojo's manga over at Crunchyroll? It's being done by a new(ish) production studio made up of several ex-Gonzo employees and they're evidently adapting the entire run in the same order as the comics, starting with Phantom Blood. They're currently a little over halfway through Stardust Crusaders and it's all suitably ultra-fabulous (and of course completely batshit insane).

I'm digging the opening/closing credits for each series. The theme for Phantom Blood is right out of late 70s/early 80s anime:

Edit: Who fansubs anything with a borderless black font? What an asshole.
    Last edited by No One; 17 Sep 2014 at 05:56 PM.

It's on my queue but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Been catching up on years' and years' and years' worth of One Piece and wasting all my damn free time.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. This looks neat!

(One Piece, on the other hand, I think I would have to lose a bet to actually watch.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. It takes a few episodes to get going, and the entire first part is played fairly straight, but all bets are off once you hit Battle Tendency (episode 10 of the TV series, I think). What's rad is that they've left more or less all of the quirks of the manga intact, from the written onomatopoeia to Speedwagon's ridiculously overwrought narration.

This is kind of great:

Last edited by No One; 17 Sep 2014 at 06:29 PM.

5. I've read through most of the manga series, it just gets more fabulous/ridiculous as it goes on. But, I haven't gotten to watching this adaptation yet. I've heard it's pretty good!

6. The opening looks *exactly* like the newer video game, which is very slick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Yeah, they're all in that style.

Battle Tendency (the fabulous level is off the charts here):

Stardust Crusaders:

Bonus points for steering away from <insert standard j-pop opening here> in all three series.
    Last edited by No One; 18 Sep 2014 at 03:47 AM.

8. The dub starts tonight on Cartoon Network. Come for the usual Jojo's fabulousness, stay for Johnny Yong Bosch's deliciously terrible English accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. I'm so happy that the US finally appreciates Jojo's. Still not watching this dub, though.

10. God dammit No One, come back so we can talk about how amazing this show is. I can't believe I only started it yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread