Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Fall, 2014)

What Are You Playing? (Fall, 2014)

I'm about 10 hours early for the Autumnal Equinox, but considering it was 88 here yesterday and only 75 today, it feels close enough.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut (PC) - The official port is a mess, but thankfully there are some great mods that bring it up to where it should have been originally. I'm actually playing with the mouse and keyboard, which makes combat better, but makes driving and QTEs... interesting. As terrible as this sounds, this game isn't about the gameplay anyway, and I love the story thus far. I'm still pretty early, something like four hours in, but I'm hooked on the very Twin Peaks-ish craziness. It makes a great lead in to the horrors of October, namely Alien: Isolation and The Evil Withing.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP via Vita) - This game is the polar opposite in terms of ports/remakes. Essentially everything was improved from SFC/PS1 to the PSP version, and the gorgeous OLED screen on the Vita is just icing. I'm well into Chapter III, which is further than I made it during my first excursion, thanks to some poor planning. I've stayed on the straight a narrow, taking the good/lawful choices consistently thus far and will probably continue to do so. I think I still like FFT better, but I am going to play through War of the Lions shortly after I'm done with this one to ensure the correct king is crowned.

2. Destiny and Diablo 3 XP

very different ways of handling loot

I like Destiny but I don't think it's top tier. I trust Bungie to fix some of the stuff but you can't fix everything wrong with it

3. Walking Dead S2 - not really "playing." It's okay though. I only play games now for a few hours a week so this isn't terrible for that time frame. I can't go through Skyrim or whatever 4 hours a week at a time.

Team Fortress 2 - this game is so random and funky, it's great for filling some downtime. It's easy to get points, each class does its own thing, you kill or die, who cares. Plus it has so many cheevos, that's always fun. It's not serious business but I don't think I want serious business right now.

4. 10 hours early?!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Doom 3 BFG Game holds up really well, very fun. I love the enemy placement, how every room has demonic hordes coming at you from every angle.

Fuse Checking out some of Insomniac's recent, lesser work in anticipation of Sunset Overdrive. I think this is more entertaining than people give it credit for.

Destiny (smh)

Castelevania Aria of Sorrow Goddamn this game is still awesome.

5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3): I started playing around with this game (again) about a week or so ago. It's hard to believe that it's been a little over a year since this game was released. I'm at @ the 50% completion of this game and there's still a lot of things to explore and do.

Watch Dogs (PC): I started playing this game again, after increasing my computer's RAM to 16 gigs and lowering virtual memory down to 2 gigs. The game seems to play a lot smoother, with the sudden frame-lag while driving being a lot less noticeable. The story is still a train-wreck.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC): I installed this game on my C2Q rig that I have in the livingroom. The game runs pretty well on the old quad-core, with only the occasional hiccup when the battles get really heated. I've taken a couple of weeks off from this game, but plan to get back into it soon.

6. To tell you the truth I haven't been playing jack shit.

OK, I did get the new Shadowgate which finally released (Kickstarted) and it's fun. Not innovative at all, but if you're looking for an NES game with updated graphics, this is it. I turned on the retro music and didn't look back.

Well, til I got stuck about 1.5 hours in, and haven't really gone back. I hope they do Deja Vu next, and according to their latest Kickstarter email, it's on their radar to begin working on.

I watched a bunch of Double Fine videos (man, 2 Player Productions makes awesome videos) - I kind of got entranced watching Tim Schafer play Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.

Oh wait! I played several hours of Papers Please after getting it from a recent humble bundle. That game is fantastic.

7. Binary Domain

This voice command shit is hilarious. "GOD DAMN BO".

But yeah it's pretty good.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Destiny and Diablo 3 XP

very different ways of handling loot

I like Destiny but I don't think it's top tier. I trust Bungie to fix some of the stuff but you can't fix everything wrong with it
    I'm playing these also, and agree with what you said.
    I'll be playing Forza in about 7 hours, and have also been playing D4 and Theatrhythm.

Popped Tropical Freeze in while I was on vacation and finished that off as well.

9. I forgot to preload Forza this morning, probably won't be done until after it's live

10. It didn't take too long for me, and I have bootleg garbage interwebs.