Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Reminisce: Japanese Playstation 2 (and 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I really wish places like Wolfgames, The West Exit, and RisingStuff were still around...it's all my fault. I didn't support them enough when I had the chance.
    www.windygaming.com

Chris can get you anything you need, tell him Gohan sent you.

*edit* The website is down at the moment as he reorganizes inventory after Retropalooza.

2. Oh No! and Ore no Ryouri (I am the Chef) are both great. Oh No might be the better showpiece visually, while Ore no Ryouri is super fun if people get to try it out.

3. They rereleased the old Sega CD game Switch on PS2 and that was fun.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Berserk Millenium Falcon
    ???

I have to read up on this!

I've always wanted the Altered Beast game, but I couldn't play it. Now that I have a JPS2, I can't find the game! I always find PAL versions.

5. Die Hard Arcade: Sega Ages Edition is awesome. You can pick from the original graphics or enhanced graphics.

It even has some weird a weird Golden Axe reskin mode.

It will probably stand as the last great Japanese console library.

For me, it was the place where I could play IIDX and Cave shooters and tons of other stuff, which meant that I really didn't need anything else. I still have a few dozen games for it.

Having a IIDX or Pop'n Music setup at the store would be cool.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Anyone have impressions of these?
    Mojib Ribbon
    Phase Paradox
    Ka2: Let's go Hawaii
    Azumi
    Street Boyz
    Berserk Millenium Falcon
    Mojib is difficult to play without Japanese knowledge or a very keen eye. It's like Vib Ribbon in that it asks you respond to different obstacles by pressing the button combination associated with the obstacle, but the obstacles aren't easily discernable loops and ramps, they're Japanese characters. I wish I could play it because it is very cute.

I will make a good list tonight. None of my contributions, to the list or to humans, are going to be better than Chain Dive, though.

9. My first Japanese system was a PS2, and it was my only PS2 for a while. I bought it due to beatmania IIDX at the time but it has such a massive library. Get the Fantasy Zone collection!

I've only heard of Chain Dive but it looks cool.

The best exclusive JPS2 game is Twinklestar Sprites. I am not even sure what would be #2, since everything else I have is a port of some kind or ThunderForce VI. I hope the latter isn't #2.