Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Reminisce: Japanese Playstation 2 (and 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Real games on real hardware or gtfo.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/thr...scovery-Thread

What shall we name the discovery, Yeller?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 25 Sep 2014 at 10:02 AM.

It's annoying how many PS2 games haven't seen re-releases on PSN. I was hoping for Shinobido.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    It's annoying how many PS2 games haven't seen re-releases on PSN. I was hoping for Shinobido.
    That's a theme for me with digital delivery in general. I get the licensing issues, but there appear to be tons of games that have no such restraint not being published.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/thr...scovery-Thread

What shall we name the discovery, Yeller?
    As stated in my opening post, this is for demo at my store. If it were just for me at home, i'd grab some isos and be done with it. But in this case, have a physical thing to show off is part of the point.

5. Tobal 2 rules, I started playing that a little bit ago. I'd kill for something with the structure of Tobal 2's quest mode, VF's cast and mechanics, and maybe something like Yakuza's presentation (bigass yakuza tower as a dungeon or something like that).

As stated in my opening post, this is for demo at my store. If it were just for me at home, i'd grab some isos and be done with it. But in this case, have a physical thing to show off is part of the point.
    Piratasaur it is.

7. Yawnosaur.

Now that you've once again asserted how much better you are than everyone else, have anything of worth to add?
    I got Power Instinct 2 as part of a trade forever ago and since I'm not into fighting games I never booted it up. Today I did. What a weird little game. I chose E. Honda Mini Me and went slap happy on a few girls.
    Sublime.

The PS2 answer was given way back in post #20.

PS1 is a little more interesting. I'd go with The Firemen 2 maybe for uniqueness. Honorable mentions that would show well go to Gunners Heaven, Panzer Bandit, Hermie Hopperhead, and Adventure of Little Ralph. If you want better but not as unique, Gradius Gaiden is an obvious answer.

I wouldn't wish PS1 3D on anyone, even your clientele.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 25 Sep 2014 at 01:34 PM.

9. The answer to most of those was given way back in post #1.

if you have some PS1 stuff that isn't covered in this thread http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/thr...se+playstation (as I've got most of them that I want), feel free to add them too.

Thus The Firemen 2.