Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: Let's Reminisce: Japanese Playstation 2 (and 1)

1. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    A local game store had an import PSX with Toshinden playable. SOLD!!

Kind of amazing looking at the time.
    That and Jumping Flash were the first two games I saw for it, and what ultimately sold me on the system.

I think the first games I bought were Darkstalkers and King's Field.

2. Being poor-ish, the first game I was able to buy (months after I purchased the system) was a bargain bin Jumping Flash. Great purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    It came out during my "vertical shooters are the devil" phase which I have since gotten over.
    You seem to go through weird hating phases with game stuff (PC gaming being the most notable). Raiden Project is awesome. I still have the copy I bought back then.

I got the PS1 for Christmas 1995 (still the most expensive present I ever got). Launch season was pretty impressive for that system. Warhawk was the first game for it I really delved into.

4. I remember playing that first demo disc a LOT. That T-Rex.

I had one that came with a magazine (I think) that had Bloody Roar on it, I loved the demo and hated it later on a rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Warhawk was amazing when it came out. I think that and Jumping Flash impressed me the most at the time.

6. Let's Reminisce: Japanese Playstation 2 (and 1)

I got mine for my birthday in 1995 with Rayman. My old man got me RR, Ace Combat, and ESPN Extreme not shortly thereafter. I eventually got Twisted Metal and Wipeout and Warhawk.

I couldn't give a fuck about Ace Combat but the others were great. ESPN Extreme in particular was so great. Totally underrated gem of the early PSX lineup.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    NHL 98 demolished my brain when I first played it.
    Damn right. Easily my most-played PS1 game. The players all looked like Paul Coffey! NHL '99 was garbage and I returned it the very next day. The N64 version was pretty awesome though.

8. Warhawk was awesome for the first few stages, the latter stages' frame rates are so poor it is unplayable. I returned it (back when you can returned opened games) to EB for Twisted Metal, I think.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Damn right. Easily my most-played PS1 game. The players all looked like Paul Coffey! NHL '99 was garbage and I returned it the very next day. The N64 version was pretty awesome though.
    NHL 2001 was so... weird. PS2 and PC.

10. Tekken