Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

1. I had to do that once, years ago, on Windows 7.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I had to do that once, years ago, on Windows 7.
    I've done it twice in the last couple of years. It wasn't much of a hassle.

Following the link I posted earlier, I was able to deactivate my Windows 7 Retail license from Windows 10 on my old PC and activate it again within Windows 10 on the new one without even contacting customer service. Score one for MSFT.

4. I don't think I have the W10 Anniversary Update. My build says 1511, I have auto updates on and it says I am up to date Anyone know what's up?

Never mind, I got it, you can go to the web and get it
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 20 Aug 2016 at 12:50 AM.

5. I don't have it yet either. The last big update was out for almost a month before my pc received it, so I'm not really surprised.

6. if you want it now, you can get it from their site.

7. Does this one re-install all the UWP bloatware?
    Last time I had to re-remove all the crap that I didn't want.

8. I don't know, I kept all of that stuff installed.

9. Does it still work?

Mine says 1607, but I don't see anything that says Anniversary. That update messed up bVork's PC, so I'm not in any rush.

edit: Apparently 1607 is the Anniversary update, so I guess I'm ok.

edit2: I'm reading more about this update. When I did the fresh install, I must have downloaded the flash installer with this update built in. I don't like the new start menu, and I've been wondering why I couldn't get back the one I had on my old Windows 10 installation. Now I know. Other "features" of this update are targeted at Cortana and Edge, which I have turned off and never use, respectively. Awesome!

edit3: On the plus side, it's sounds like I might have benefited from this:

Activation has been tweaked. A “digital entitlement” your hardware received if you took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade offer is now known as a “digital license”. If you sign in with your Microsoft account, the entitlement will be associated with your Microsoft account offline. If you need to re-activate Windows 10 after a hardware change in the future, the activation wizard will be able to use your Microsoft account to help re-associate the digital license with your hardware.
    Link

That may be how I avoided having to call or chat with anyone.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 21 Aug 2016 at 04:08 PM.