Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

1. My system updated on it's own one night and everything is fine, basically.

2. I thought that everything was working fine, until I tried to use my Game Capture device today. I'm just glad I kept my old Q9650 rig running Windows 7, or I would have been shit out of luck with that device with Windows 10.

3. Mine is still at 1511 but windows update says it's up to date.
    Cool.

4. That's because they are pushing the update in waves, as they did with Windows 10.

5. Anyone else noticing files disappearing from their PC?

My Origin games have pretty much disappeared off of my computer. The Origin icon isn't on my desktop anymore and the Origin games file is empty. WTF?!

6. I haven't noticed anything missing yet. All the UWP bloatware came back, though, and some of my theme settings got nuked.
    It's pretty stupid that the start menu now has an icon just for showing the names of like four other icons, and I still can't stretch the start menu all the way across the screen.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I haven't noticed anything missing yet. All the UWP bloatware came back, though, and some of my theme settings got nuked.
    It's pretty stupid that the start menu now has an icon just for showing the names of like four other icons, and I still can't stretch the start menu all the way across the screen.
    My Uplay account is also missing. I've finished Far Cry 4, but I had a Far Cry 3 game that also got nuked by Windows 10.

8. I read something recently about Uplay deleting a bunch of user's games that were bought from cd key resellers recently. Maybe look into that?

9. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I read something recently about Uplay deleting a bunch of user's games that were bought from cd key resellers recently. Maybe look into that?
    I have legit physical copies of those games. I'll have to check out my PC in the living room. It also has Uplay and Origin on it.

10. Here's a heads up for those that have ver. 1607. Turn off Windows Defender; That shit eats up about 11% of your CPU resources.

My 4790k was shooting up to 4.5 Ghz at idle, when it should be @ 800Mhz.