Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

1. So I'm on Win 7 right now. I can upgrade to 10 at no cost for the first year of Win 10's existence, and after that...? If I change my hard drive, does it view it as a new install on a new PC?

Also, fuck apps. Computers run programs.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a free license. Once you have it, you can upgrade freely. I think the point is to drive early adoption so that developers will view it as a viable platform.

3. I'm thinking that as well. Also can somebody get this dude a haircut?

4. MS has the biggest nerd boner for Halo.
    Project Spartan, Cortana.

5. Is this all versions of Windows 10? I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate, does my free Windows 10 only mean the shitty home edition or do I get the Windows 10 Ultimate edition?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Is this universal app nonsense going to let me play new Gears of War on PC? Aside from DirectX 12, that's the only thing I care about.

I will have to take back so many negative things if it's MSFT who delivers an essentially unified gaming platform.

7. Stream Xbone games to your windows 10 machine..

Works for me since I have the hardware.

8. Fable Legends looks bad, but is allowing cross platform play between Xbox and PC.

9. Neat of them to make Win 10 free for the first year. I'm still on Win 7 and its been fine for me but I will certainly do the upgrade. I assume this means my Win 7 key will be a Win 10 key? Not sure how it works as I never upgraded an OS this way.

10. there's gonna be some kind of catch with that free update... I can't remember if it was the windows 8 or windows 10 preview but one of them had ads baked right into the OS itself, so I'm sure that'll be a feature