Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

1. I haven't nuked in years before that though, I'm going through a purge. Getting rid of old ass napster era mp3's that I just straight up don't listen to. That kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It would be amazing if MS stopped shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic and did stuff like "making it so clean and upgrade installs are the same."

I got a Mac with Mountain Lion and its on Yosemite and performs as well as any other machine with those specs on Yosemite. I never nuked it.
    This is why, assuming I can find the time, I would like to do an OSX, SteamOS, Win10 triple boot this fall and only use Windows for games that aren't on SteamOS or OSX.

3. I wouldn't run three operating systems when one of them can do everything, but I'm very tempted to ditch Windows entirely for my next non-gaming PC (okay, there's no such thing for me, but I don't consider emulation or open source ports of old games as real 'PC Gaming').
    I'm comfortable using just about any OS these days, and Mint is every bit as good as OSX or Windows for my purposes, and with far less bloat.

July 29

5. Aside from one build that didn't play nice with my wireless headset, I've had no complaints on the technical preview. I'm in.

I don't have a lot of choice, since I'm not missing DX12. I will say I am less excited by this move than the ones from 98 to XP and XP to 7. MSFT can change all that by letting me play (not stream) a new Gears on it.

7. I noticed a little windows logo on the notification area of my taskbar this morning that wants me to 'reserve' my windows 10 download. I'm not sure why I would, considering the one-year upgrade window.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I noticed a little windows logo on the notification area of my taskbar this morning that wants me to 'reserve' my windows 10 download. I'm not sure why I would, considering the one-year upgrade window.
    Here is how to remove it.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...1-482872.shtml

I just changed it to only show notifications instead of the icon.

10. So the update goes live today or soon and I've never done an update like this ever. What happens to my programs? What should I expect?

Is this like updating the Xbox 360 to a new dashboard or is this going to be a clean and all my old programs are fucked.