Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

1. should be good to go.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Back up anything important you have just in case. You don't want to fuck yourself. It's not going to format your HD, so everything you have will be there. There could be compatibility issues with some programs though.

They aren't just opening the door to everyone though, it's being rolled out. It could be a few days before the installation pop up shows up. You don't have to update when it shows up, you can wait until you are ready/want to see how others do.

3. I kinda wanna get a backup PC now. Is that weird?

I've always liked the Windows Phone look, and respected Windows for not just nakedly trying to ape the iPhone.

4. Make sure to uninstall Cisco VPN prior to upgrading if you have that software. Your networking will simply not work with it installed, and it can't be uninstalled under win10.

5. Anyone try a clean install? I want to read how to do that, honestly.

6. installed upgrade on laptop, windows 10 drivers for amd gpu refuse to play hardware accelerated video and my dvdrw drive simply does not work because of a lack of drivers (even generic ones)

hopefully a clean install off usb will fix it up

7. I moved everything I cared about to my E drive. I plan on clean install on C. Stuff on E should be safe right?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Anyone try a clean install? I want to read how to do that, honestly.
    You need to do the upgrade first and then you have options. You can either do a USB or Disc reinstall like past versions of windows, or Windows 10 has like a factor reset type thing. That supposedly formats the drive and reinstalls window, with out having to set up a USB stick or dvd.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. after a clean install my same issues continue

they probably should've left this one in the oven a bit longer, people wouldn't have minded I'm sure

10. I'm not touching this for at least a couple of months, but judging by my experience with the preview, update installs don't mess with any of your files. The only real issue I had was that it didn't keep program shortcuts that I had added manually, like emulators and certain games.