Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 717192021

Thread: Windows 10

1. Windows update has been choking on the same update for almost a month. I'm pretty sure I could fix it by just clearing the cache and restarting some services, but I'm tempted to just leave it alone so I won't have to deal with MS adding any more 'features' to my computer.

2. So I guess the fall creator's update added some ham-fisted optimizations for full-screen gaming.
    After struggling to figure out why I suddenly had screen-tearing in some of my games, despite neither the games nor the video drivers getting any recent updates, I happened upon a new setting that had to be changed in order to restore proper performance. It's not even supposed to be active when game mode is disabled, but it was anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	291 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	81105  

3. Am I wrong in thinking Windows 8 was quite a bit better than 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Mental note to look into this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking Windows 8 was quite a bit better than 10?
    Windows 10 is full of bloatware. My 4790k rig shows @ 130 processes running, while my old Q9650 rig running Windows 7 shows less than 70 processes. I've even gone through the menus to turn off functions I don't need.

6. I just want the goddamn programs to run, I don't need the OS to be a storefront first and foremost. Do the job well and then we'll talk about buying stuff, alright?

7. If you want to get rid of the store and all the pointless bloatware, you'll need to familiarize yourself with Powershell and the group policy editor.
    I spend the better part of an hour playing whac-a-mole with unwanted "features" every time there's a major update.
    Even the enterprise and pro editions have ads and shitty games in the start menu by default. It's pretty bad.

8. Like... why should I have to do that shit. That is not a feature.

9. They want to make back their money for all of those free copies of Windows 10 they gave out.

10. Windows 7 is still the best for me.